Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Superstitious suckers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.thesite.org/community/reallife/rants/superstitioussuckers

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some work experience at TheSite... and this is my last day! But throughout the past 2 weeks I've been working on my rant and it's cool to see it up on the site now:D

It's just a little rant on superstitions and how they are really annoying and ridiculous! :mad:

Hope you enjoy reading it :)

x

Comments

• Options
    Well, hello there. :flirt:

Your article is hysterical and entirely correct.
  • Options
    :hyper: i'm glad you agree... It felt good to have a proper rant about it!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb:
  • Options
    The only superstitious thing I do is I touch wood but that's more habit than anything hehe.
  • Options
    Mmm, I'd probably annoy you then :p I'm known for not walking under ladders, I make a fuss if I break a mirror cos I'm sure that brings me bad luck, I always touch wood, I always take this good luck me to you bear to every single exam I go to.. Basically if something's said to be lucky/unlucky, I'll believe it.
  • Options
    I touched wood a lot during the last World Cup and it obviously doesn't make any difference :lol:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Heh... just noticed my pic is on that page ;D

(top left) ;)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Heh... just noticed my pic is on that page ;D
    (top left) ;)
    I wondered why I was seeing the anti-christ on that page. :p
  • Options
    Well i think that people get into a habit of doing these things for ages and then they forget why they are doing it in the first place and i guess it makes some people feel better psycologically but just not for me hehe :thumb:
  • Options
    Which moderator was the scariest to meet, then? :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Which moderator was the scariest to meet, then? :p

**Helen** - she was scariest for me. Proper monster ;)
  • Options
    I must say I'm appalled at the amount of superstitionophobia in your article.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I remember I was waiting on tables once in a restaurant, and it didn't have table numbers on the tables, but it was fairly easy to work out. Until I found out that there's no table 13 and so couldn't work out why I kept going to the wrong table whenever it was above 12. All because of the off chance that you might end up with someone who's stupid enough to actually believe that the number 13 has some sort of significance.
  • Options
    People get irritated with me as I have a tendency to question things, especially when they sound completely and utterly daft. I constantly have these arguments with people but I've never given in to any of their jibberish.

Next week's rant:
    Argumentive arses ? :p

Whilst superstitions can be a bit peculiar, I think I'd find someone who demanded I justify every single little thing I do much more annoying than someone who doesn't walk under ladders, etc.
  • Options
    Excellent rant. I agree totally.:thumb:
  • Options
    I remember I was waiting on tables once in a restaurant, and it didn't have table numbers on the tables, but it was fairly easy to work out. Until I found out that there's no table 13 and so couldn't work out why I kept going to the wrong table whenever it was above 12. All because of the off chance that you might end up with someone who's stupid enough to actually believe that the number 13 has some sort of significance.
    That reminds me of a book I have. It's over 700 pages long, and page 666 has no number printed on it! :banghead:
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    What's it called just out of interest?
    "The Sword of Shannara". It's a fantasy thing, and the specific edition is the 2001 (I think) UK paperback. Other editions might be normal.