Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shampoo for greasy hair and dandruff.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't win - the shampoo that gets rid of my dandruff makes my hair really greasy and the one that gets rid of grease/makes it shiney doesn't get rid of the dandruff. Does anyone know of a shampoo that can do both?

Comments

• Options
    I use Vosene. Most people hate the smell but I love it! My hair does shine, but that might be the conditioner I use.
  • Options
    I love the smell of vosene.
  • Options
    I urge you to try Kiehl's anti dandruff shampoo - they gave me some samples (they're quite generous with their samples) of the stuff, and it's wonderful. It's not cheap at £16 a bottle, but imo it's worth it if it works....
  • Options
    mix both in a 1:1 ratio.
  • Options
    use one one day and the other the next?
  • Options
    I guess you've tried a bit of Head and Shoulders with added citrus. Is meant to combine both dandruff and grease combating properties! :)
  • Options
    head and shoulders is too harsh for my scalp and makes the dandruff worse. And I can't wash it everyday as that makes it worse too.
  • Options
    I suffer from terrible greasy hair and find that if I was it every day, I just seem to anger my hair and make it more greasy lol.

I read somewhere once that you shouldn't keep using the same shampoo every time you wash your hair *shrugs*

I use Tea Tree Mint Shampoo, smells lovely and stops the grease, can't help with the dandruff sorry :(
  • Options
    Use both together.