Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

coping with Jealously

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, heres the thing

Iv just started seeing this girl who I really really like:thumb:

Thing is iv learned quite a lot about her past and if im being blunt she's been around quite a bit. I always have quite a problem with being jealous in realationships, its something that I really need to sort out.

Im old enough to realise that its stupid to think a girl could only ever have one lover and to be honest Iv had my mistakes too:rolleyes: . But I cant seem to get thoughts out of my head etc. Im beginning to think this may be a sign of insecurity or low self esteem or the fact that iv been cheated on before.

I dont want this to ruin our realationship and I want to get better and to be more mature about it but I just cant:crying: .

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    It's natural to get a bit jealous and paranoid from time to time in a relationship but if you have absolute trust in your OH then it won't be too much a problem. :thumb:
  • Options
    go in to the relationship, see howit goes, if it gets to the point where u and your partner are getting worried about it then talk to her about it.

if it ever got real serious you may need counsaling, however wait and see what happens
  • Options
    i get jealous too, my girlfriend is quite a friendly and flirty person and has plenty of male friends a few of which fancy her, i find it tricky to not get jealous as i'm also nervous about ruining the relationship, i trust her 100% but just hate other guys sniffing round her, especially if they know she has a boyfriend, i know i should be flattered that my girl is popular, but cos i have a few self esteem problems it just makes me nervous.