Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chlamydia Home Screening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya

i have recently split up with my long term boyfriend, we both got tested for all sti's before we got togther and we was both clean. i discovered a website that offers free home chlamydia screening in my area where they send you a pot, you pee in it and hand it in to your local doctors. i sent off for one as there is no harm in being to carefull.

i done a stupid thing last night, i went out and got totaly plastered as i was upset over my ex and ended up sleeping with a guy i know, we used a condom but when we had finished i discovered that the condom had split :eek:

i was planning to pee in the pot tonight and hand it in to the doctors tomorow but seeing as the condom split only last night would the chlamydia still show up in the test or would it be too soon? should i do the test tomorow or wait a few days to make sure i get the correct result?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    Hiya

i have recently split up with my long term boyfriend, we both got tested for all sti's before we got togther and we was both clean. i discovered a website that offers free home chlamydia screening in my area where they send you a pot, you pee in it and hand it in to your local doctors. i sent off for one as there is no harm in being to carefull.

i done a stupid thing last night, i went out and got totaly plastered as i was upset over my ex and ended up sleeping with a guy i know, we used a condom but when we had finished i discovered that the condom had split :eek:

i was planning to pee in the pot tonight and hand it in to the doctors tomorow but seeing as the condom split only last night would the chlamydia still show up in the test or would it be too soon? should i do the test tomorow or wait a few days to make sure i get the correct result?

thanks

No idea sorry.

Contact the clinic/GP.
  • Options
    When I went for a check up a while back (just to be safe), they asked me if I'd had sex within the last 2 weeks, which I had, they then told me that if I had contracted anything within that 2 weeks then it wouldn't show up on test!! So I imagine you'd be best waiting a couple of weeks!!
  • Options
    grr thats annoying, thanks 4 the info xxx