Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    who earns 800,000 pounds a year plus perks.
    i wish i earned that amount of money :(
  • Options
    That's what you get for working for a second-rate bank :D

And 800k isn't that much in banking-land. Our chief exec was offered $50m a year to chair Citigroup. Fortunately for us he declined it.
  • Options
    And 800k isn't that much in banking-land. Our chief exec was offered $50m a year to chair Citigroup. Fortunately for us he declined it.

Citigroup is in big trouble, I'm not sure I'd want the stress of the CEO position even for that much money. Well, perhaps I'd try it just for one year.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Citigroup is in big trouble, I'm not sure I'd want the stress of the CEO position even for that much money. Well, perhaps I'd try it just for one year.
    Let's say that you took charge of Citigroup, or any bank that's in serious trouble right now. If you succeeded in turning round their fortunes, you'll get showered with gold. You'll be universally admired across the world, other companies will be desperate to hire you, and you'll be able to commande absolutely gigantic salaries as a result. But don't worry - if you fail miserably, as the previous Citigroup boss did, you'll still get a seven-figure pay off.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

Give me £25m and I'd do it for a week...
  • Options
    Give me £25m and I'd do it for a week...

I'm not sure there are many CEOs who get that much money. I'd do it for a week for £25K, how bad could it really be for that short a time?
  • Options
    I bet he didn't struggle to prove any neglience on his part to get his money back. The rest of us would get the 3rd degree.
  • Options
    Our Chief Exec is an absolute legend with a proven track record of proving most doubters in the banking sector completely wrong when they wrote him off. The Natwest acquisition is the best example to date and ABN will surely be another one.