Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going OTT with fly spray

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right.

I'm basically gutting out my flat because there's people coming to view it tomorrow. I went into the back of the airing cupboard to dig about, some stupid ex flatmate of mine left a half eaten Chinese carton (something with sauce) that's now mouldy as fuck and had loads and loads of flies flying around it.

So I go to the cupboard in the kitchen, grab a can of fly spray and go pretty mental in the airing cupboard, I'd say I used most of the can like (the door was mostly shut behind me and I was spraying at them for a good five minutes).

Half an hour letter and my neck is killing me, it feels like my glands have swollen up and I've got a really, really sore throat. I felt fine before fly-gate.

Is this the life threatening, because I feel really rough now? Do you reckon I should just do loads of Ibuprofen? Or maybe give NHS 24 a ring?

I also sort of need to go to bed because I'm in at 8am tomorrow, but then on the other hand it'd be handy if I woke up alive y'know?

Comments

• Options
    yes give NHS direct a ring. it could well be that you've had an allergic reaction to something in the spray. don't take the ibuprofen.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    You ok now hun? :)
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    You ok now hun? :)

i was going to ask that... are you still alive bri? :p
  • Options
    He's been on the board today so I suspect he's fine.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just being ignorant and trying to make us worry for long than needed! :p
  • Options
    Oh forgot about this, just necked loads of Ibuprofen and woke up fit as a fiddle :thumb: