Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Finally plucking up the courage...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a girl who I've liked for nearly 2 years now but I've never told her how I feel although I have hinted it many times. Anyway she goes to Uni so only comes back during the holidays, I leave for Bangkok next week and I don't know if I'll be going back to work there so I may never see her again.
So yeah basically I'm finally plucking up the courage to tell her (via facebook of course cos I'm a coward), the thing is if I do come back to work it could be awkward because we're quite good friends. Hmm, well I think I'm gonna do it anyway, wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha, what if she says she likes you too. Bit late :p

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Ha ha, what if she says she likes you too. Bit late :p

Good luck :thumb:

Lol Yeah but in that unlikely case we can still meet up and stuff.

Never gonna happen though, waaaay out of my league. And before people start saying there's no such thing as leagues, trust me in this case there are. lol
  • Options
    Good luck. You never know... she might follow you on your travels and have lots of babies with you :p
  • Options
    i'm sure you'll feel better/relieved for finally asking her... whatever the answer. good luck. :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Good luck! Don't chicken out! :)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    (via facebook of course cos I'm a coward),

No you don't!... At least gather the courage and tell her personally. Might wait after the bangkok journey, as bad news can really fuck a journey up.

and don't mention to her with what or how much you have sex with over there (and don't do ANY drugs! Worst you can do in bangkok!!)

Curious how it'll go, however!
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    No you don't!... At least gather the courage and tell her personally. Might wait after the bangkok journey, as bad news can really fuck a journey up.

and don't mention to her with what or how much you have sex with over there (and don't do ANY drugs! Worst you can do in bangkok!!)

Curious how it'll go, however!

:yes: wise words.

Try and do it in person, It won't look good on you if you use the 'middle man'

Best of luck Ed
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    (and don't do ANY drugs! Worst you can do in bangkok!!)

Yes, except the red bull with speed in it they apparently sell over there, i'd love some of that!
    How fucked up is it you can drink that shit but can't smoke a spliff.....
    And yeah, don't buy, hold or consume illegal substances while there or you may find you only see this girl again if she decides to visit you in your bangkok prison cell......
  • Options
    Ahhhh good luck! I want to know what happens! are you going to say it in a facebook message?

it sounds weird but when you're leaving the UK to travel or whatever i always find its a good time to confess feelings cus you can't really be embarassed etc, you'll be out of the country :D when i left to be a rep the second time i confessed how much i liked one of my boy mates and when i came back after 5 months we started going out :] so you just never know what could happen, hehe.
  • Options
    This sounds cruel to me!:(
    Why tell her when you are now going in other directions? It will put pressure on you both if she likes you to.
    Can't you wait until you are back and know if you still feel the same then if you do tell her face to face?
  • Options

it sounds weird but when you're leaving the UK to travel or whatever i always find its a good time to confess feelings cus you can't really be embarassed etc, you'll be out of the country :D

Lol Exactly!

Well sorry people but I used facebook, I know it's not ideal but I wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise. She seemed quite taken back as if she never even caught onto the fact I really like her, I thought I made it quite obvious? Hmm Not really sure what happens next...
  • Options
    What she say?
  • Options
    Something along the lines of..... "What are you going on about you nutter. You hate me, you've said it yourself (I said it as a joke once but she got quite upset lol), that message you sent me has left me very confused?"

Basically she's letting me down nicely, lol oh well I didn't expect anything from it, just feels good to finally get it off my chest.
  • Options
    Something along the lines of..... "What are you going on about you nutter. You hate me, you've said it yourself (I said it as a joke once but she got quite upset lol), that message you sent me has left me very confused?"

Maybe not la. :D

Have a good trip mate.
  • Options
    Lol Cheers.

Think I need to go for uglier girls next time.. :chin: :yeees:
  • Options
    Aye, sounds to me like you're still in with a shot.

When she says "you even said you hated me", she's really expecting you to say, "no, I like you," as Matt says, persistence!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Aye, sounds to me like you're still in with a shot.

When she says "you even said you hated me", she's really expecting you to say, "no, I like you," as Matt says, persistence!

I mean to reply to this earlier but thats not a brush off - plus girls unless they are really dense know when a boy likes them i think she is teasing you......
  • Options

Basically she's letting me down nicely, lol oh well I didn't expect anything from it, just feels good to finally get it off my chest.

pff, what the fuck...
    you dodged a serious bullet there.

have a nice trip dood.
  • Options
    Maybe you would have had more luck just manning up and telling her face-to-face, then you could have read her reaction more than trying to interpret two lines of text.