Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've got nobody to talk to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep finding this, when I get stressed I've got nobody there at all. My family really actually get annoyed, or at least my mum does. Right now she's still in bed asleep, tried to rouse her and got shouted at. My sister is also asleep downstairs in front of the telly. Rang girlfriend who said 'I don't like it when you're not happy', so I said ok and that I'd talk to her later. So came online as a last resort, and there's 5 people online, 2 are away, 2 are always online but never talk to me, and 1 is a guy I haven't spoke to in months.

At what point does one qualify as a loner? God I just need to rant but I can't.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Aww, what are you stressed about?
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Rang girlfriend who said 'I don't like it when you're not happy', so I said ok and that I'd talk to her later.

Why don't you bring her back and tell her you do actually need someone to talk to?
  • Options
    Best bet is to speak to your girlfriend. She might not like it when you're unhappy but I'm sure she would want to make you feel better by talking to you. Give her a call or something and say you need someone to talk to.
  • Options
    Sometimes i feel like this, you have all these people around you but you feel so alone.

First of all i would try learning how to deal with your stress, find out what is causing it and try to figure out how it can be dealt with :yes:

Shouting and getting angry will just make people close to you less likely to want to help and talk to you so try just calmly saying to them that you feel a little stressed and that you feel you cant talk to them because they get angry and upset with you.

Dont try talking to your mum or sister when they have just woken up or try waking them up saying that you need to talk because they will just be grouchy from being tired

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Yea I can deal with stress a bit. It's something stupid :p my motorcycle's battery died, I ordered a new one, and it doesn't fit. I do feel like I need to get things of my chest but never feel like I've got someone to talk to. Girlfriend has this habit of crying when I say that I'm annoyed cos I've been an idiot! Because if I say anything bad about me, even if it's just me venting, she doens't like it. So I get frustrated and say I'll talk to her later.

But I think it's just built up a bit, I'm going back to uni tomorrow and have exams next week, and then an essay due in the week after that and not made much progress on it yet. And then I've got to sort stuff out for this society I'm in. And then I've got to find a job, too, because I'm running out of cash.

I haven't had a good sit down with a cup of tea to air my feelings in years. It's not that I need to cry and break down, just moan a bit. But everyone has their own problems and never has the time. Especially mum. But that's enough ranting.

It's a bit frustrating because at Uni I've not made any close friends who I can talk to and it doesn't look like it's going to happen soon. Whilst I know everyone on my floor and go out with them, they're all in smaller groups of 2 or 3 who are 'best buds' who go into each others room every night watching DVDs or cook together or something nice like that. Whereas I know all of them, but... can't talk to any of them.
  • Options
    I just broke the throttle on my bike, trying to get it to turn over.

Where is the point you stop putting it down to chance and admit you're actually cursed to failure? :p

edit: and lost my keys to my room at uni
  • Options
    :banghead: well mum is still in bed, I went in to use the loo, asked her if she wanted me to treat her to fish and chips (obviously, she said yes lol) because I'm back at uni tomorrow. Told her about the battery not fitting and she said 'Oh you silly boy!' in a really derogatory way, like I'd crashed her car or something. God's sake, she does my head in sometimes lol.
  • Options
    Well just an update, this thread is turning into a blog of sorts. Not exactly, but I thought this was funny so decided to share with you.

Last night I got ill, probably from stress - had a sore throat and an upset stomach. Then I overslept this morning, and had to pack up for uni. Left around 3 hours late :p but got to uni in good time. Unpacked and everything, then set up my PC and it crashed! Turned out some internal bits had come loose during transit. This crash however, occured while windows was writing to it's /windows directory. So it reinstalls every driver on reboot, my favourite being 'X86 based PC'. It's installing the driver for the PC? :confused:.

I thought this was ironic because:
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    It's getting to the point where I'm considering selling / getting rid of my PC. :grump:

Not going to mess up Uni over a stupid attatchment to a stupid machine.

Not over a week ago. I think someone up there is listening ;)

edit: also, in much better spirits about everything going wrong and having exams next week and an assignment due in after that, which if I fail any I get kicked out of uni :( and since I messed up last year, that would probably be the end of uni for the rest of my life! But atm, very calm about stuff :)
  • Options
    I know this following idea sucks

but we are all here :)
  • Options
    :) Cheers.

I'm feeling much better about things now. It's just when you're having a shit day... it's difficult to moan to someone about it!