Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Embaressing problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys

ive got an embarressing problem.

recently ive noticed that when having sex i really smell down there - a bit of research online hints towards BV being the culprit but i wanted to know if any other girls can offer advice on how to get rid of the bad smell???

my partner is coming over tomorrow night and i cant bear to feel so unsexy again so im looking for something fairly quick fix??

help!!!!!! :yuck:

rach xx

Comments

• Options
    I dont know anything about BV but i would suggest drinking alot of water to flush out the problem.

Saying this is dont know much and could be completely wrong but how about drinking cranberry juice (as it works with urinary tract infections) or eating garlic (as it works with thrush)
  • Options
    Well, it depends how strong the smell is. A vagina should have at least some smell - that's normal. However, if it's really strong, something may be wrong. I'd endorse the drinking water suggestion, but I can't really advise any more.
  • Options
    Might seem like a stupid suggestion but before he comes over have a shower and a good wash down there (without soap, I might add, that will just cause some imbalances).

I don't know enough about women's physiology to know if that will work or not though, so just a suggestion :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Might seem like a stupid suggestion but before he comes over have a shower and a good wash down there (without soap, I might add, that will just cause some imbalances).
    I think I can top that suggestion. If you - the original poster that is, not ShyBoy :p - is feeling quite brave, when your boyfriend is there, you can have a shower together. You get a chance to clean your bits, he has the same chance too, and you never know what a sexy shower can lead to.
  • Options
    Go to the docs, they might want a swab and they're prescribe you tablets. Can remember if its Metronidazole or Trimethoprim

Good luck
  • Options
    Try using aqueous cream to wash down there with. I am told it is alot gentler.
  • Options
    There's a wash especially for your bits with the delicious name of Vagisil - it's designed to keep your natural balance of bacteria and stuff. It does have a distinctive smell (not a bad one, but if you've used it before and you smell it again then there's no mistaking it for anything else) and can be a bit of a cheek-burner to buy when there's a long queue behind you at Boots, but it might be worth a pop.
  • Options
    There's a wash especially for your bits with the delicious name of Vagisil - it's designed to keep your natural balance of bacteria and stuff. It does have a distinctive smell (not a bad one, but if you've used it before and you smell it again then there's no mistaking it for anything else) and can be a bit of a cheek-burner to buy when there's a long queue behind you at Boots, but it might be worth a pop.
    And theres one called femfresh.
  • Options
    If you have a bad smelling discharge it could be an std so get it checked out.
  • Options
    There's also femfresh, which has a slightly nicer name than vagisil. lol.

ETA; didnnt read rest of thread, been beaten to it lol. that'll teach me for scrolling all the way to the bottom :| lol.