Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quick dress making question!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when i'm cutting the pattern do i need to be pinning and cutting both the pattern the fabric and the lining?

i'm hoping to have my dress done by new years cos if i don't i won't have anything to wear (and it's too cold to go without! :P)

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    What do you mean? I do them separately. I cut out the dress bits and get them started and then do the lining bits. Does the pattern not tell you?
  • Options
    nope the pattern does tell me. i'm wondering if it's easier to just cut the lining with it
  • Options
    I don't because I keep the bits attached to the fabric until I've used them so I don't get confused. For a dress I cut out the fabric then make the bodice, then line it, then skirt, then line.

You could cut it all out at once but make sure you label it all so you don't get confused. Also be careful cutting out lots of bits at once, especially with lining as it is slippy and they might end up different shapes/sizes