Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What food do I need for Christmas day?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yep, another ridiculous thread from Curvy_lass. I'm spending Sunday with my bloke and we're having our Christmas day that day (as we're not seeing each other over the Christmas period).

Only thing is, for two people..how much food do we really need? Seasonal Christmassy food! :D

Comments

• Options
    Get a small chicken.. not sure turkeys come in small :p Other essentials include roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots, peas and gravy. Optionals are different types of meat (ham, pork) other vegetables (swede, parsnips, red cabbage) different potato varieties (mashed, boiled). Ooo, cranberry sauce?
    For pudding, Christmas pudding, mince pies or Yule Log.

I can't wait for my mother-in-law's Christmas Dinner :D
  • Options
    Champagne for breakfast! :yum: And eggs (love eggs on xmas morning). Bread for sandwiches later. Christmas cake? Lots of booze!!
  • Options
    For breakfast we normally have scrambled egg and smoked salmon bagels (one each).

For the main meal get a duck or goose (much better than chicken or turkey), two potatoes for mash, two parsnips and a big sweet potato for the roasties, a good two handfuls of sprouts, a florette of broccoli, a couple of carrots and a nice bit of orange sauce.

And plenty of wine.

It's easy to go overboard and buy far too much.