Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Normal periods?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Firstly im not asking anybody to diagnose me! I am just wondering if any other women out here have periods like this?

I get really painful periods, i get pale and almost throw up, i get this on the first day of my period, however i take ponstan and it usually stops the pain if i get take it in time.

I sometimes get pains in the same area, similar to period pains during the month, which may be due to dehydration as water helps stop the pain, however i do not necessarily get these pains if i am dehydrated.(btw i have had all these symptoms since before i was sexually active)

Finally, i get globs (for lack of better word) of blood with my period sometimes.

so really the only reason i am asking if anyone else has this is because i was saying these symptoms to a friend with Endometriosis and she said it was similar to what she has but hers are more serious.

personally i dont think i have Endometriosis as my friend who has it seems to be in constant pain, but any help would be welcome!

Comments

• Options
    Ive always been told if the clots are bigger than a 50p you should seek advise.
  • Options
    so really the only reason i am asking if anyone else has this is because i was saying these symptoms to a friend with Endometriosis and she said it was similar to what she has but hers are more serious.

personally i dont think i have Endometriosis as my friend who has it seems to be in constant pain, but any help would be welcome!

My periods were like this and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis (and other gynae problems). But, no it doesn't nessasserally mean you have it.
    I would say that you should probably see the doctor about it anyway, if not to get a diagnosis, then just to get some help on how to deal with your bad periods... have you thought of taking the pill?

(Btw, Endometriosis can vary very very greatly with symptoms... some women with Endo don't actually get any symptoms at all, where as others are crippled by it - but again you might not have it at all).
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    My periods were like this and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis (and other gynae problems). But, no it doesn't nessasserally mean you have it.
    I would say that you should probably see the doctor about it anyway, if not to get a diagnosis, then just to get some help on how to deal with your bad periods... have you thought of taking the pill?

(Btw, Endometriosis can vary very very greatly with symptoms... some women with Endo don't actually get any symptoms at all, where as others are crippled by it - but again you might not have it at all).

I have considered the pill, but im a bit of a worrier and after hearing about blood clots, even though its unlikely, i would prefer not to take it until im desperately needing to.

thanks for the info about it, i had always thought it was an intense pain as ive only known one person who suffered from it and she was in alot of pain alot of the time.

I will definaly look into it, ive mentioned the stomach pains before, its like my entire stomach and kidneys are hurting, but the doctors have never found a reason for it
  • Options
    Kidneys hurting is often a sign of water infection. Drinking enough?
  • Options
    Do you drink enough water? aching kidneys can mean that you are dehydrated or have a water infection.

I have very heavy painful periods that sometimes have caused me to pass out, I am currently on Tranexamic Acid which I take from the first day of my period, they have gone down from very heavy for 3 - 4 days and lasting a total of 7 - 10 days to being quite light and lasting 4 - 6 days, it's a major improvement and might be worth asking your GP for.
  • Options
    By kidneys, she might just mean back pain which alot of women get during their period.