Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Biscuits

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
I am making a box of biscuits for my gran for Christmas. I am going to put in some cookies and gingerbreadmen. But I want to put other things in too.

What are your favourite homemade biscuits? Which recipes work without fail? Share them all :D

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ordinarily, I would make shortbread. However, my gran is a fantastic shortbread maker herself!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm crap at making biscuits, except gingerbread (the biscuit type, not the sticky cake type) and macaroons.
  • Options
    My grandma makes the best christmas cookies. The sugar cookie cut out kind, with homemade frosting and all. I get a tin every year :yum: I've never been able to make any that don't taste like crap though :(

Theres ones I had last year at a job... they wound weird as they have potato crisps in them, but they are delicious *goes to look for a recipe*
  • Options
    Flapjacks or jam tarts? The only biscuits I can make... both yummy though and easily made :yum:
  • Options
    Where do you find recipes? I'm on google uk and all the links are for recipes that use cups and all that jazz not grams and whatnot :(
  • Options
    flour
    sugar
    baking soda
    butter

+ whatever you want:

dried fruit
    dried fruit and some smashed up nuts
    oats and raisins
    oats and chocolate chips
    ginger - or most other spices like cinnamon etc
    coconut and chocolate chips
    ... the list 'tis endless

chocolate brownies always go down a treat too :)