Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do I play this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just met this girl who has indicated she wants to get to know me and there's no way I'm passing up this opportunity!

Anyway she's told me she's very traditional and likes to be courted first, with gentlemanly manners. However she also said she likes men who are a little cocky and edgy which to me seems a bit of a paradox.

So how do I play this? I consider myself a gentleman but I don't want to come across as a wuss, so how do I do 'edgy' without being a neanderthal? I'm guessing I need to not be so 'available' ie not answering her calls so quickly, leaving it an hour or so before replying to texts so what's the best approach?

Comments

• Options
    If you glen quagmire why do you need our help?? :chin:
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I'm not really a fictional cartoon character.... ;)
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I'm not really a fictional cartoon character.... ;)

:shocking: You mean you do'nt know Peter Griffin :(
  • Options
    I've just met this girl who has indicated she wants to get to know me and there's no way I'm passing up this opportunity!

Anyway she's told me she's very traditional and likes to be courted first, with gentlemanly manners. However she also said she likes men who are a little cocky and edgy which to me seems a bit of a paradox.

So how do I play this? I consider myself a gentleman but I don't want to come across as a wuss, so how do I do 'edgy' without being a neanderthal? I'm guessing I need to not be so 'available' ie not answering her calls so quickly, leaving it an hour or so before replying to texts so what's the best approach?

I know this is about as unhelpful as Jarvey's comments (no offense, Jarvey) but she sounds really picky. Good luck with that. Sounds like she wants a more polite version of Mr Darcy, lol

Maybe be very sure of yourself. e.g. hold doors open for her & all that crap, but suggest specific places or things to do rather than vague let-go-out-tonight noises. I really dont know.

Personally, I'd go with the traditional "be yourself", because if she doesn't like you for yourself, what's the point of being together? :confused:
  • Options
    ok now i've accually read the question all i can say is just be yourself, no point trying to live a lie.
  • Options
    yus, be yourself...if she doesnt like you for you, there's no point

you can act how she wants you to act, but seriously, how long will you be able to keep that up for?
  • Options

She seems to be very urm forthright to say she has said so early on how "she wants you to be!" But you said you don't want to miss this oppertunity so here you go:

1) (like someone has said) open doors, take the bill (as long as it is reasonable!) etc

2) I don't know the girl but I highly doubt that by edgy she means she wants hour long waits between texts. On the gentlemanly side I would answer her calls and texts as she initates them; after all, its not polite to keep a girl waiting is it? (neither is it a girl to keep a lad waiting)

and

3) Be yourself - you can't play the cocky and edgy man for the whole of your relationship time. I say try and let the cocky and edgy side come across in your humour perhaps but mabye not too direct in what you are saying.

ooh and

4) She has probably got all these "ways to be" for you from her upbringing (probably, not definatly). Her dad will have said she needs to court a gentleman yet her personality actually reflects that she likes a bit of cockiness (:razz:) and the edgy side in a man. YOU need to judge the situation; and which side to show at which time

But back to the first two words of point three

BE YOUR SELF!

oohh and have fun! :thumb: