Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

extol the virtues of the political compass here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my friend took this test earlier... he ended up really close to the middle on both axis and i told him, not to worry (he was worried) and that he should vote for a single issue party instead.

good advice?

either way.. i havn't taken the test since the 90s and the questions have drastically changed for the better. i'm not going to take the test for a while because i am unwell and very negative.

in the meantime, tell me in appropriate detail what the test is about and what it can bring out.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive never seen it any more relevant than these 'how goth are you' livejournal / myspace / other website memes. You should vote however you want to vote. Of course, thats not to say that some votes are wasted votes in a FPTP system. I.e. voting for the green party where labour has 4500 votes and conservative 5500 is just going to be a wasted vote.

The test is supposed to show how you believe in personal freedoms and economic freedoms. So if you believe we should share everything (no economic freedom) but should be allowed to do what we like (infinite personal freedom) you'll be in one corner.

Really though I wouldn't take it too seriously. Look it up on wikiepdia if you're fussed.