Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have my official weigh in tomorrow!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got an appointment with the nurse tomorrow to review my pill and for an official weigh in.

I'm quite nervous!!

Comments

• Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I've got an appointment with the nurse tomorrow to review my pill and for an official weigh in.

What's that all about then?
  • Options
    Hope you find out the result you want. :)
  • Options
    Hope it all goes well for you xx
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    What's that all about then?
    Well, one was just a 3 month review to see if my brand of pill is suitable.

The other...I need to lose a fair amount of weight (3-4 stones) but just don't have the will power to do it alone, so I'm hoping Nursey Nurse can help me!

Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    Could your pill be contributing to your weight gain?

I know they can have various side effects.
  • Options
    Could your pill be contributing to your weight gain?

I know they can have various side effects.
    I really wish I could blame my pill :blush: but no, this excessive weight is all down to my love of crap food, and reluctance to exercise. I started to realize things were a bit much when I thought I was going to have a heart attack climbing up 2 flights of stairs.

Not much fun at 18 eh?
  • Options
    I know how you feel, I was late for work a few weeks ago and had to run up the stairs to get in on time and it was a real wake up call to get to the top and be really out of breath. I have decided to bite the bullet and cut the junk out and excersise more so that next new year I can go out and party in a lovely dress.
  • Options
    Can you report back on how it goes? I'm interested as spoke with the nurse about my weight and she was quite unpleasant to me, so it would be interesting to see if that was just her or thats the general way of things.
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a normal weighing scale/one in boots? Are the ones at the doctors more accurate or someting?
    Oh no, I'm going to get my own scales too. I'm combining my pill review with the weight review for my convenience. I'm one of these people who need someone in charge to guide me in my weight loss.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Can you report back on how it goes? I'm interested as spoke with the nurse about my weight and she was quite unpleasant to me, so it would be interesting to see if that was just her or thats the general way of things.
    Yep sure I will.

I'll post on this thread tomorrow too :)
  • Options
    Get a paper round - that way you get paid to exercise .. :)
  • Options
    Get a paper round - that way you get paid to exercise .. :)
    I like your thoughts. Will look into that :)
  • Options
    Take up a sport you like. I'm crap at making myself exercise, but took up taekwondo and now I'm addicted. Got my yellow belt on Friday :yippe: Anyway, back to the point, I'm more likely to exercise if I have a regular class to go to rather than just going to the gym.

I think I'm still off the point. I'm tired. Good luck with your weigh in :thumb:
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I like your thoughts. Will look into that :)

If you want to make serious money start a dog walking Business, target rich people who don't have the time to walk their dogs everyday - plus you can walk more then 1 dog at a time - dunno how many but say 3 dogs at £10 an hour per dog - you'll be raking it in and getting fit :thumb:

Plus the fact other people expect you to turn up at a certain time to collect their dogs will motivate you so you won't miss a day of exercise.

I believe to loose weight you need to work for long periods at moderate intensity so long periods of walking should be excellent for that.
  • Options
    would people be interested in starting an on-going weight loss support thread? ya know, we all discuss what we are doing, our progress, support each other etc......?
  • Options
    I would be interested, yes :D

Well I had the weigh in. My initial thoughts about that stone and half I lost, has crept back on. Took me about 6 months to lose, and 2 months to put back on!!

I came in at 92.5kgs and at only 163cms, that's mighty high. My BP is still normal, but will go up if I don't do something about this soon.

I have a 4 week break from Uni starting this weekend, but I shall be booking an appointment with the health worker next month. She's said I can go weekly, which is handy.

She also gave me loads of information, food planners. And a useful booklet from the British Heart Foundation.

I found her helpful, informative and friendly. Big thumbs up from me. Such a shame I had to let it get THIS out of control before I did something about it eh? Ah well. :)
  • Options
    I find it helps to have something which helps you visualise how much you do indeed weigh and how you are progressing as the weight drops off.

Would you for example get into the boxing ring with Mike Tyson?

Probably not but at the weight you've just quoted that falls into the same category as him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_weight_classes

You've got a lot of hard work ahead of you to shed that weight - but you can do it. Losing weight is simple BUT it's not easy. It's simple because it's obvious - burn more calories then you take in and you'll lose weight - but it's far from easy to stick to.
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I said that earlier on and nobody said anything, lol.

I'd be up for that. I've lost over a stone but I'm wanting to lose another stone. Its getting hard now though so yanno, encouragement would be appreciated, lol.
    Sorted ;)
  • Options
    Good luck with the weight loss, have you thought of taking up dancing such as salsa as a way of exercise? It's alot of fun and anyone of any age, shape can do it.