Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice- new college

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i started a new college in september and people were really nice but im not very confident and till i know people well & it may sound stupid but i still havent gone in the common room as i just get paranoid people are saying bad things about me
now , 3 months on i feel im ready to but its too late and people will think im weird if i just came in and started chatting so how do you think i should go about it?
i know some people but not well enough, would you find it weird that someone just comes in after 3 months or would you not notice?

Comments

• Options
    playdead wrote: »
    i started a new college in september and people were really nice but im not very confident and till i know people well & it may sound stupid but i still havent gone in the common room as i just get paranoid people are saying bad things about me
    now , 3 months on i feel im ready to but its too late and people will think im weird if i just came in and started chatting so how do you think i should go about it?
    i know some people but not well enough, would you find it weird that someone just comes in after 3 months or would you not notice?

I personally wouldn't notice. I'd just do my nosy for about 5minutes and carry on. It's not that massive a deal, just go in and enjoy the rest of your free time with folk in the common room. If it was someone else saying this to you you'd be as encouraging as possible because it's so minute an issue!

Just go in and have a good old chinwag. :)
  • Options
    I don't think anyone would notice, and even if they did it would only be a brief thought of 'haven't seen her in here before', not anything bad. Perhaps the first time you go in, go right before the end of a break with a bell, gives you a way to have a mooch and find your feet in there withoutt staying longer than you feel comfortable with. Once you've done that, it'll be fine.
  • Options
    i've been in there before for few mins then walked right out, never had confidence to stay in long but i want to just awakward :(
  • Options
    we didn't have a common room. What were the people doing in there?
  • Options
    just sat ion groups chatting- i'm well bad chatting in groups though unless i really know them i just go really quiet :/