Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

losing the old saddle bags

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well my exercise is going well and i've lost 4lbs so far but its the saddle bag area on my thighs that i dislike its not major, i've seen worse but it's bad enough for me i'm considering this thing called ultrashape to get rid of them but it costs about £450 so ideally would rather do it by exercise if possible only need to lose about an inch from each thigh.

Comments

• Options
    It depends how long you've been doing this, how much you weigh and what you're aiming for. From your myspace pictures you look tiny so I'm a bit worried as to why you're wanting to lose weight?
  • Options
    those pics are old i've put on over a stone since then i'm trying to get back to 8st 7lbs, i'm 5ft 6
  • Options
    those pics are old i've put on over a stone since then i'm trying to get back to 8st 7lbs, i'm 5ft 6

So has it slowed down about halfway through? I used to be 8, then I went on the pill and put on a stone (made me crazy hungry), so I went on the mini pill and I've managed to lose 1/2 stone and it's since grinded to a halt so I suppose my body likes it here. Your body will find where it's happy at so don't got overboard. Anyway, that's pretty slim for that height, that's what I am now and I'm 2 inches smaller!
    Is that price per treatment or does it cover a cycle of treatments? I've just googled it and tbh, I can't see the difference in alot of the photos.
  • Options
    the weight has been put on because i got over my fear of food and now eat everything i can find my body was comfortable between 8st 3 and 8st 7 and i weighed that for ages just want to get bk to that but lose the thighs
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hey Prettygreeneyes,

Good to hear that your exercise routine is going well, and well done for losing that weight!

Finding exercises that target specific areas of the body like the thighs can be a tremendous challenge. The thing you need to remember is that to actually visually see results, you need to do thigh exercises that not only tone, firm and strengthen your thighs, but also burn the fat.

Three really good exercises that will do all four of these are lunges, controlled leg extensions, and squats. These exercises will help noticeably tone your thighs without turning your legs into proverbial tree trunks.

Have a look at this checklist for losing fat from your thighs to see if there is anything else you can do.

If you carry on with your exercise routine, stick to a balanced diet, and keep motivated you?ll be able to spend that £450 on some sexy outfits that show off your perfectly toned thighs.

Hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    Its hard to tell because your legs are together so that makes them look wider. I'd keep going with the exercise for a bit and do lots of lunges.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, i shall start doing those exercies
  • Options
    Don't waste your money on anything like Ultrashape, slendertone, toneshapetone etc. The physicians who perform those procedures don't deserve to live, let alone be called physicians.

Unfortunately it's up to your body to decide where the fat is going to go from first. I have real trouble with losing fat from my abdomen, so my thighs decided to slim down first :rolleyes: but there's still a bit of fat there, so even if you did reduce your body fat significantly, there may always be a bit of residual left over, that's just down to your genetics and how your body stores fat.

I made the most gains and lost the most fat from my legs by building the muscle using compound exercises like deadlifts, squats and lunges.
  • Options
    A bike on a high level always feels like its working that area at least. Oww :p
  • Options
    i wish my thighs looked like yours!

nice knickers too!
  • Options
    I must agree, if those are saddle bags, whos ment to wear these pants :p
  • Options
    I don't see saddlebags; you're fit, that's it.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Its hard to tell because your legs are together so that makes them look wider. I'd keep going with the exercise for a bit and do lots of lunges.

Aye, lunges would nip your upper legs. For more resistance/difficulty hold some dumbbells in your hands while you do them.

Squats can also help regardless of resistance amount.

Lateral leg raises will work that area in particular. The ankle weights they mention at the bottom of the article
    >ebay.