Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cleaning canvas trainers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got a couple of pairs of Dunlop canvas trainers, they get dirty really easily though. Tried washing them in the washing machine but it doesn't really do much

Anybody know the best way to clean them? Reckon letting them soak in bleach is a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    No idea, but I know Dunlop's are notoriously hard to clean/keep clean.
  • Options
    baby wipes are pretty good at cleaning most things! i use them on all my shoes :)
  • Options
    yeah, very good, i usually use it
  • Options
    I'd stay away from soaking them in bleach, get yourself a Vamish stain removing spray and spray them with that and then wash in the machine.

I havent come across anything that that stuff wont remove and coming from the Mum of a messy 2 year old, I'd say that's a pretty good recommendation ;)
  • Options
    I have a habit of trying random products I find in my room to clean things, so Toner is really good at getting out stains as is nailpolish remover
  • Options
    why would you want to clean dunlops? :(

they look ace when theyr all grey and manky!
  • Options
    Used washing up liquid and a bit of water on mine mate, didn't make them spotless like but they were a lot cleaner!