Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Chavez beaten in the polls

Chavez has been beaten in a poll to extend his power, which to me seems like a great move. Granted he has helped some of the poor and granted he does seem to be spreading around the oil money. But this is the people wanting power, not a fairly loud mouthed firebrand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7126308.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    Chavez has been beaten in a poll to extend his power, which to me seems like a great move. Granted he has helped some of the poor and granted he does seem to be spreading around the oil money. But this is the people wanting power, not a fairly loud mouthed firebrand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7126308.stm

I was watching this on the news last night and what struck me most about the scenes was the that there were so many people who were so excited and patently passionate about politics.
    It is certainly good news that he has had his wings clipped a bit.

Chavez has brought some very good things to the region but he's getting out of hand, and making a bigger fool of himself by the day tbh.
    I was gonna say. He's getting to be more of a trumped up little shit as the days go by. I watched a documentary not too long ago and the people interviewed (all Chavez supporters) claimed that there was a sudden influx of food around election time, and not much for the rest of the time. And a lot of the redistributed land was being wasted, because it was going to groups that had neither the means nor the skills to grow anything on it, whereas previously the rich landowners would've had it producing crops as much as possible.
    Finally people are starting to see the light about Chávez.
    he has done some good things but power seems to go to people's heads, his ego is too big now i think even his supporters see it, shame really.
    Is anyone actually shocked by these developments?

I don't mean that votes, that happens to all politicians, I mean the [apparent] changes in Chavez.
    Is anyone actually shocked by these developments?

I don't mean that votes, that happens to all politicians, I mean the [apparent] changes in Chavez.
    Not at all.