Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bit of a trivial one. Paracetamol?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took two paracetamol and fell asleep on the sofa shortly after. I woke up, still in pain and took two more. For some reason I thought I had been asleep for ages. I looked at the time and thought it said a couple of hours later.. I must have dreamt looking at the time... as it was actually only 10 minutes later.

But anyway, I have actually just taken 4 within 15 minutes. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, I mean its paracetamol, but I had a quick google, thought it was exaggerated but found a a couple of old posts on this site, one particular one saying no more than 2 and definately no more than 3. This coupled with the fact I very rarely take it, probably once or twice a year (just had some very bad period pain tonight) and the fact i'm very underweight (under 7 stone) has made me a liitle worried. Also not too sure how strong they are as i've just got loads of old packets without their boxes chucked in my cupboard. Can only make out part of the name, something '...pake' beginning with a K. and soemthing in between. So its not my usual wilcko's cheap stuff. Although guessing they tend to be the same strength? Which if theyre 500, means ive had 2000 which my paranoid googleing said is a lot. I'm sure its nothing to worry about, just its made me a bit paranoid.

Its just exaggerated health warnings, right?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Ha, I feel like a twat now. I knew I did feel very odd last night! Felt really fucked actually, but nothing i've felt before.Just thought it was my paranoia gone into overdrive! Sorry about that. But yea, turned out they were my brothers old painkillers from when he had an operation. :blush: He was surprised they didn't knock me out, just one would put him to sleep.

But yay, now know there was actually reason for my paranoia afterall. Odd night not understanding what was going on with my body though!
  • Options
    In a darker I time I took 20 paracetomel and drank over half a litre of vodka. It just made me sick and a night in hospital :rolleyes:
  • Options
    This is probably a good time to point out that paracetamol can be a very dangerous drug to overdose on, and it's not a wise idea to exceed the recommended dose, even if other people have done it and been ok.
  • Options
    Paracetamol is incredibly difficult to overdose on unless that is your plan. Most of the time it comes in 500mg capsules or tablets, directions usually say 'take 2 every 4 to 6 hours as needed'. Doing the math, no more than 4,000mg to 6,000mg maximum every 24 hours. Most of the time the labelling dictates 'do not take more than 8 tablets/capsules in 24 hours' (eg. 4,000mg). If you really need that much to kill pain then it's hospital time.
  • Options
    well-not really because as the poster said, she just thought more time had passed.

The tablets you took were Kapake, so u had co-codamol and i would imagine it was 30/500. The codeine can make some people really drowsy, others arent as affected but it can make constipated.
  • Options
    junker wrote: »
    If you really need that much to kill pain then it's hospital time.

youve not had to suffer period pains have you?
  • Options
    id say you'd be ok after 4 on a one off but wouldnt make any sort of habit of it

ive banged 4 a few times to try n get the job done right!
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    The tablets you took were Kapake, so u had co-codamol and i would imagine it was 30/500. The codeine can make some people really drowsy, others arent as affected but it can make constipated.
    Yeah, I was thinking Kapake - I take them for chronic joint pain, and they knock me for six.