Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling wound up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
with all sorts. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How can I chill out without hitting the bottle or getting stoned.

Comments

• Options
    Go for a walk.. Lose yourself in music, a book or magazine.. Watch mindless tv..
  • Options
    Going for a walk always works with me..Or sticking on a film helps too.
  • Options
    Sleep. It helps me.

Certain other things take my mind off things I am wound up about or worried about; being with kids makes me calm and sitting, talking and eating with a group of friends helps me unwind and forget too.
  • Options
    Punch a pillow.
    Have a 360 session.
    take your dog for a walk.

they usually work for me. (minus the dog)
  • Options
    When you say 'chill', do you mean to party but without the drink and drugs?
  • Options
    Punch a pillow.
    Have a 360 session.
    take your dog for a walk.

they usually work for me. (minus the dog)

:yes: Walks are good for me. Listening to your favourite music can help a lot as well.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    When you say 'chill', do you mean to party but without the drink and drugs?

Nah. At the moment i feel tense (theres a few issues going on) and I'm finding it hard to relax. The best ways i have found of relaxing and forgetting about things are thru drink or drugs.

I need to learn to relax naturally. Kinda hard to describe I feel quite frustrated, before I would have smashed the shit out of something, but i need to find more practical ways of calming down.
  • Options
    Radox lol
  • Options
    Radox lol

lol never thought of that
  • Options
    *Washing machines live longer with Calvin*
  • Options
    exercise or weights works for me mate

But by far the best I find is the heavy punch bag. Get your gloves on and give it a good hammering when you feel like shit and do things like 2 minutes on/2 minutes off in rounds

Sometimes I get so angry I just purposefully go to my bag before I lose it and just beat the shit out of it and scream just so I don't do anything bad..

We're all different I guess but that release works for me.

The fact you are using drink and drugs though sounds like its not spur of the moment and that there maybe something deep seeded that is bothering you mate?

I used to do a lot of drink and drugs but I have some very deep emotional problems which is why I used.. you need to sort them out IMO and dont be a coward about it (no offense) :)
  • Options
    exercise or weights works for me mate

But by far the best I find is the heavy punch bag. Get your gloves on and give it a good hammering when you feel like shit and do things like 2 minutes on/2 minutes off in rounds

Sometimes I get so angry I just purposefully go to my bag before I lose it and just beat the shit out of it and scream just so I don't do anything bad..

Good idea.

I just seem to go for a drink because its the quickest way I know of calming down. Tonight I was pretty tense (which is usual) but I was getting more and more wound up because I couldn't get on msn (stupid i know). At the moment I feel like a coiled spring and the bottle of Jack does the job of mellowing me out.
  • Options
    rescue remedy.
    aromatherapy
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Good idea.

I just seem to go for a drink because its the quickest way I know of calming down. Tonight I was pretty tense (which is usual) but I was getting more and more wound up because I couldn't get on msn (stupid i know). At the moment I feel like a coiled spring and the bottle of Jack does the job of mellowing me out.

I know how you feel mate. Alcohol does help but it's good to have other ways to calm you, espescially if you are feeling dependance. I know it's rich coming from me, someone on here suggested exercise to me and it really does help. Makes you feel good about yourself too.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Alcohol does help but it's good to have other ways to calm you, espescially if you are feeling dependance.

can very easily make things worse tho!!

i agree with the get a punchbag and kick the fuck out of it thing tho, its like breakin stuff without gettin even more annoyed when you realise you've just wrecked one of your possessions or having to clean it up! :D
  • Options