Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair growth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello :wave:

im growing my hair long and havent had it cut in quite a while - im annoyed tho because it seems to be growing soooo slowly!!
ive heard from numerous people that it if you trim it regularly it grows quicker
but at the same time other people have been telling me that its a load of crap

which is it??! does anyone know? :)

at the moment i dont see HOW it would grow quicker because the hair grows from the root, not the bottom.. soo i dunno!

im thinking that if most people think it DOES grow quicker after a cut then i may book an appointment at my local hairdressers ;)

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't make it grow longer, but trimming of the manky ends stops them splitting and breaking off and makes your hair a nice even lenght again. People say get a trim every 6 weeks but i think thats a bit excessive, unless it's to keep it in the style etc. I get my hair cut about 3-4 times a year which i think is plenty if your trying to grow it
  • Options
    It's a complete fallacy. You're right - hair is dead, and the only living part of the hair is the follicle, so no, cutting it won't make it grow any faster.

Each person has a genetic growth rate - by that I mean, how fast it grows and to what length it grows, so you may just have a really slow growth rate.