Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

padme/queen amidala

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my boyfriend is doing a star wars comedy set and it's dress up..i'm going to attempt either padme or amidala buuut amidala's costume is really intricate it seems and the night is this saturday..heeelp!!

i'd quite like to have a go at the makeup but no idea about everything else.

Comments

• Options
    oops i meant padme!! :blush:
  • Options
    There is no excuse for dressing as Padme when you could be dressing as Leia... sorry not very helpful :)
  • Options
    hmm..so far i've only been shown 1-3..have 4-6 to get through this week!
  • Options
    Let's just say there are a few more interesting costumes... not to mention the films aren't (okay I'm going to stop myself insulting 1-3 again)
  • Options
    haha- two was pretty (very) shit but i liked three a lot :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    not to mention the films aren't (okay I'm going to stop myself insulting 1-3 again)

:impissed:

1 and 2 were good films! It's just because everyone was comparing them to the original trilogy which were of course just amazing.
    Episode 3 however was epic IMO, right up there with the orignal trilogy!

However, I do agree that Princess Leia would be a better costume, but then I suppose everyone dresses up as her.
  • Options
    2 was toooooo lovey dovey for me..oh my god..does anyone else hate jar jar binks??
  • Options
    2 was toooooo lovey dovey for me..oh my god..does anyone else hate jar jar binks??

Yeah that was Episode 2's main let down, and I agree that Jar Jar Binks pissed me the fuck off. I think that's why alot of people hated the first 2, because Jar Jar made it more of a kid's film instead of a more serious science fiction epic.
    However I still found Episode 2 a good film, but then I'm a Star Wars geek, I read all the books/graphic novels and play all the video games so I like anything Star Wars related. lol :blush:
  • Options

Why d'you think he was pretty much written out after the first episode? And as for Episode 2, it wasn't that it was too lovey dovey, it was that it was lovey dovey, but really badly written and acted. Empire Strikes Back was lovey dovey between Han and Leah, and was outstanding because of it.

You can always rock the casual Amidala look, but then you don't get to do the makeup.

padme_full.jpg
  • Options
    dohhhh that picture isnt showing up for mee..and does anyone have any more ideas?
  • Options
  • Options
    i dunno if i've got that far yet..only seen 1-3! watching 4 tomorrow
  • Options
    Lol I've added a pic for you.
  • Options
    im not going as that crusty ole' git!!
  • Options
    what about him :D

jabba.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, I replaced that photo with another of the same outfit. Dunno what happened. It worked yesterday.
  • Options
    Okay, I replaced that photo with another of the same outfit. Dunno what happened. It worked yesterday.

ahh the battle outfit, was thinking about this one actually.

not too sure if i will be dressing up now cuz they havent advertised it as dress up yet so i doubt people will be now..ahh well