Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Could My Sis Be Pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys im writing this question for my sister and would apprectiate some advise...

My sis had unprotected sex four times before her period on 8th nov and it was very heavy for two days then stopped, she had sex that night and the next day started bleeding again for few hours, what are the chances of her been pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    I assume she's not on the pill. That said, there's every chance she could be pregnant. I'd mention to her the dangers of unprotected sex, and also offer to go down to the local GUM clinic with her to pick up some free condoms and get tested.
  • Options
    No she came off pill 2 months ago cos it wasnt agreeing with her, i have talked to her but i've made a lot of stupid mistakes myself so not really in a postion to lecture her, just really dont want her to do the same as me...

she wont even be due her period till next week so suppose she'l just have to wait and see, but i was just wondering how likely it is to get pregnant during your period???
  • Options
    Conception is best just before ovulation, but can happen at any time, I believe...
  • Options
    I doubt she's pregnant if she's been heavily bleeding since the unprotected sex.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I doubt she's pregnant if she's been heavily bleeding since the unprotected sex.

well she says she got period on the thurs was bleeding heavier than normal for 2 days and then it stopped and she had unprotected sex the night she stopped bleeding and the next day she had some spots of blood and that was it..

she says she's feelin weird at the mo, and not sure if its a bug but she has no appitete, feels bit sick and has a weird taste in her mouth, im not sure if there connected but just thought id mention it..
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi angelgirl,

Most women don’t continue to get normal periods when they’re pregnant, but a shorter or lighter bleed can be a sign of pregnancy. Probably the best thing for your sister to do would be to go and get it checked out. The only way for her to find out for sure whether or not she’s pregnant would be to take a pregnancy test.

Like Ilora-Danon said, unprotected sex is never a good idea if you do not want to get pregnant, and it also puts you at risk of catching an STI. I’m sure this isn’t big news to you or your sister but it may be worth having a chat with her about other forms of contraception (you mentioned that she has come off the pill). Don’t feel like you’re lecturing her, you’re allowed to look out for your sis whether you’ve made stupid mistakes or not!!

If your sister does decide to take a test, there are several places she can get this done. If she lives near a Brook Centre she can get a free test there, with immediate results. She'll also be able to talk through how she feels and what her options are in confidence, or she can call the Brook Freephone Helpline on 0800 0185 023. Other places to get a free test include family planning clinics and some local doctors (GPs). Or she can pay for a pregnancy test at the chemist. They can do a test or sell a home pregnancy testing kit.

There’s some really good fact sheets and Q&As on TheSite.org that you might want to show your sister. Get her to look at the article ‘I think I’m pregnant’ and maybe check out some of the Q&As on pregnancy.

Hope this helps :thumb: