Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Swimwear sizing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know anything about the sizes they use for women's swimwear? I'm trying to get a cossie on the internet, but I'm baffled.

I know they go by chest size, but how does that relate to normal dress sizes, cause if I pick the actual size of my chest, I think it'll be much too big for the rest of me.

Help!

Comments

• Options
    Its not easy to buy.
    I've just got a new costume and I got a speedo size 40" I think it was, all cos of my bust 36E - I'm short so its a bit baggy at the bum but its not noticable!
  • Options
    Is a tankini with strappy top/shorts not an option, because i find mix and matches a god send!
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Is a tankini with strappy top/shorts not an option, because i find mix and matches a god send!

It would be if I could find any atm! Should have decided I wanted to start swimming in holiday season, I think, cause now the only people selling any are sports shops, and all their sizing is of the '32"' variety, even the bikini and tankinis (which are sized like the cossies and aren't mix and match) :grump:

I was in Meadowhall the other day and walked past the Speedo shop and wanted to go in so I could eyeball the sizes, only it was totally empty other than the v creepy looking shop man and a whole load of torso-shaped hangers, which I found mightily scary. So I didn't go in at all cause I'm a huge fanny :(
  • Options
    Can you not go into a sports shop, try them on, find out what size fits and then use that size on the web?

I can only get swim suits to fit by trying them on, or by getting same brand in a size I've had before.

Sizing is a bit rubbish for relating to anything else.