Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gluten question, quick answer pls.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a dinner party tonight and have just been told that someone's gluten intolerant. :rolleyes: (at just being been told, not the gluten intolerant person) :)

Anyway, the dinner's ok, roast gammon joint and vegetables and i'll make him some apple sauce instead of the parsley sauce because of the flour but i was going to make my notorious chocolate-orange trifle for pudding and that has sponge cake in it which contains flour ergo gluten BUT i can make a sponge cake from eggs, sugar and cocoa so the question is does cocoa contain gluten ? It's 100% cocoa, nothing else in there and made from just cocoa beans. Ta muchly.

Comments

• Options
    A gluten-free diet involves the complete avoidance of all foods made from or containing wheat, rye, barley and usually, oats.

I got that from t'internet, so i reckon cocoa will be fine
  • Options
    That sounds ok then, ta Suze :)
  • Options
    Pretty much all packets these days will tell you if something contains gluten, so if the label doesn't say anything, it's a fairly safe bet it doesn't :)
  • Options
    I hate sponge in trifle :yuck:

*irrelevant*