Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

period pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't get very painful period pains but maybe once during them I'll have a sharp pain down there that lasts 20 seconds at the longest. Does anyone have the same? Of course I'm not asking to be diagnosed by anyone on here just wanting to know if anyone has the same pain?

Comments

• Options
    This has never happened to me, it sounds like the type of pain you get with a urinary tract infection (but if you are only getting it with your periods every month then i doubt it).
  • Options
    I get this! Normally my periods are either painless, or very slightly painful, but now and again I get really sharp shooting pains. I'd say it's normal. It's been happening to me for years now, anyway, so I hope it is!

Small price to pay for not having horrible periods, I reckon :thumb:
  • Options
    I used to get sharp pains (like someone was stabbing me at times) quite a lot when I had periods. I'm on the implant now and still get them every so often.
  • Options
    It could be a cyst on your ovary...
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hey lea uk,

Period pains are very common among many women during their menstruation and can be extremely uncomfortable for them. Very bad or unusual pains can be helped by a few different treatments that can be prescribed by your GP, so it might be a good idea to go and speak to them about it.

Pains can also be helped by using a hot water bottle or by having a hot bath, stretching exercises can help too, or you could take a mild painkiller (ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice).

There’s some really helpful information on TheSite.org about periods that you might also want to check out.

Hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    At one point my period pains were so bad that I'd throw up from the pain :shocking: Oh those were fun days! Its got better since though. Thank god.