Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

simple recipes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, I'm looking for simple recipes for anything really, since I honestly don't know how to cook :blush: , plus, where I live now the kitchen is shared, which means there sometimes isn't all the space you'd like. But mostly I don't have all that time for cooking either, so simple and not so time-consuming recipes are welcome! The only thing I don't eat is fish - I hate it.

If anyone has any general cooking advice also I'd be grateful, I've only just begun to learn...

Comments

• Options
    pasta with butter and black pepper :yum:

boil pasta.
    add enough butter to make it taste buttery.
    sprinkle on black pepper
    grate cheese on top.

cant get much simpler than that, and it always tastes good!!
  • Options
    boil pasta

chop cabbage/greens finely and fry in olive oil with onions until desirable texture

add pancheta and mushrooms and cook for a bit. optionally add a chopped up anchovy or two as well

mix with the pasta

scoff
  • Options
    Chop up half of a red onion, and soften gently in a little bit of oil.

Add in a chopped sweet potato and a couple of chopped carrots. (Chop them to about 1 cm or half a cm cubes) oh and prepare them before starting the onion cooking.

Add a tin or 2 of chopped tomatoes.

Stir, add in a crumbled stock cube and some dried herbs.

Cook on a low- medium heat until the sweet potato and carrots are nice and soft. You can taste a bit to determine this.

Serve with pasta as a sauce with a bit of grated cheese on top.
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Heya,

There's a couple of really simple but tasty recipes on TheSite.org you could check out.

bon appetite :thumb:
  • Options
    Make pasta and then add in cream cheese, whole peeled tomatoes (the ones from a can, real tomatoes is prob niceer though) and parmesian cheese... I could live off it! and when i move out of home i probably will
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, these are great!

I went to the supermarket today, and stocked on pasta, cheese, onions and chicken... :)