Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drinking on medication

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently taklng co-dydramol tablets (that contains paracetamol and dihydrocoedine tartrate apparently) because I had minor surgery on my hand. The instructions say do not drink. I'm going out for a meal tonight and I'm wondering if a sly glass of wine would be ok. I know it says don't drink but pretty much every medicine says that and its only antibiotics that I've really had a problem with and these are just painkillers. Whats the general consensus on mixing meds and drink?

Comments

• Options
    what strength of dhc in them?

if you've generally got a low tolerance to things then you might be better off avoiding alcohol

on the other hand id drink with them intentionally ;)
  • Options
    I once took co-codomal and then got drunk. Wouldn't recommend it, I could hardly see.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    on the other hand id drink with them intentionally ;)

:lol: Yeah depends how fucked up you wanna get.

I'm sure it won't be too bad if you're only having one glass of wine? A girl I know had half a bottle of wine on anti-biotics and was actually all over the place.
  • Options
    what strength of dhc in them?

if you've generally got a low tolerance to things then you might be better off avoiding alcohol

10mg

I normally have quite high tolerance but I only want one or 2!
  • Options
    Hey Kangoo

If the info says don't drink then it's really not a good idea to. One drink doesn't sound like much, but the effects can be seriously multiplied when you're on medication. Much better to enjoy one night without booze than have it ruined by one drink.

Hannah :)
  • Options
    ive always been fine with dihydra and alcohol.
  • Options
    yea i cant see 1 or 2 x 10mg doing too much to you

get a loada dhc 60's down your throat and float about for a while :love:
  • Options
    TBH I drink no matter what medication I'm on, I don't believe in all the crap on the packets
  • Options
    yea i cant see 1 or 2 x 10mg doing too much to you

I'm supposed to take 8 a day but don't really need them. Only had 2 today and had 2 single JD and cokes and was fine :thumb:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I'm supposed to take 8 a day but don't really need them. Only had 2 today and had 2 single JD and cokes and was fine :thumb:

yeah im pretty sure its more if you want to go out and get wasted? i remember i had about 2 drinks on painkillers and got as drunk as i would off about four... atleast its cheaper! Ive also mistakenly taken painkillers for a broken leg with period pain meds without realising what would happen haha