Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Contraceptive Patch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

Im thinking of going on this but can anyone answer a few questions for me:
    is it free on the nhs like the pill is any side effects like the pill which is better, pill or patch how descreet is it?

thanks in advance

Miss x

Comments

• Options
    Yes it's free on the NHS.
    Yes some people get side effects.
    Which is better depends on you and how you respond to things, your lifestyle etc etc.
    It's about half the size of a credit card. How discreet is it depends on what you usually wear!
  • Options
    Hiya
    You should find all the info you need in our article on the pregnancy patch here:

Pregnancy patch

:)
  • Options
    yes its free.
    yeah, there can be side-affects, and they're very similar to the ones you can experience whilst on the pill. but just remember, everyones different - i have never had any side effects from it (apart from making my periods lighter+less painful, but they're good things.)
    personally i found the patch better, purely because it worked better for me+my hormonal requirements ANd ive not forgotten to change it so far, where as i kept forgetting a pill here+there.
    BUT, be warned, i found that if you wear thongs it can get alot of fluff stuck to it from your jeans+possibly can stick to the material/peel off. But, you dont have to put it on your bum cheek, you can put it on your shoulder blade aswell!
  • Options
    If it Ortho Evra, just make sure to be careful. Over here they are currently in a lawsuit and currently on recalls. Due to an excessive amount of estrogen released into the bloodstream its linked to cases of blood clot, stroke, heart attacks and several deaths.
    http://www.monheit.com/ortho-evra/problem.asp