Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bulgaria's abandoned children

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Doesn't really seem right posting this in 'entertainment', but didn't know where else to put it.

I've just watched part of Bulgaria's abandoned children, and sobbed and sobbed:crying:

I don't think I've seen anything as upsetting as that was, and to see how those poor kids were treated made me sick.

It really brings it home whow lucky we are compared to the millions and millions of kids being treated in that way. Makes me wish i could do more to help :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Most people from outside Bulgaria go to the tourist parts (including myself) and never see this side of the country but watching this made me realise that they have a sad side just like any other country.
    The resort I went to did have little kids going up to strangers begging for money which was awful.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Most people from outside Bulgaria go to the tourist parts (including myself) and never see this side of the country but watching this made me realise that they have a sad side just like any other country.
    The resort I went to did have little kids going up to strangers begging for money which was awful.

Definately. I found it really uncomfortable to watch. Especially listening to the staff and director. I can't see how any human can be that cold when they can see children dying right before their eyes.
  • Options
    Yeah i watched the whole thing, it was pretty horrific. Some of the children looked like concentration camp survivors they were just wasting away, ugh. It was so bad though that kids went to this home and their only orginal problems being that they were deaf or blind and then they just went mad and wasted away, it mad me cry so bad afterwards, how could someone give thier babies up to a place like that? That poor Didi girl, the only one that could speak, was convinced her mum was coming back to get her while her mum had told the home to keep her away from her because she never wanted to see her again. Ugh. Sick.
  • Options
    Plz Sign UK E-petition to UK Gov

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Children-Dying/#detail