Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

periods stopped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, im getting a bit worried about this - so before i go to the doctors (if i do!!) then i thought id run this through here first

basically - i havent had a period for near on 10 weeks now. im not on the pill or any other contraceptive device and my eating habits havent changed (i may be eating a little bit more crap than usual but not to the extent that id expect for my period to be affected!!)

a few weeks ago i was worried i was pregnant (before the 10 weeks i had been regularly sleeping with my now ex boyf) but i got a pregnancy test and it tested negative. this was about 5 weeks ago, so when i still hadnt got it by this wednesday i got ANOTHER test from tesco (an expensive one n all because i wanted to be absolutely positive!) and again, it tested negative. so as far as im concerned, im not pregnant.

so what the hell is up with me??!! personally, i really cant think of any factors that could explain why this is happening.. but i wander if anyone else can?

im stuck :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Stress?
  • Options
    Yeah, could be stress of worrying about something?

I remember sleeping with a girl one time, and a couple of weeks later she came up to me in a bar and was really worried about something but she wasn't sure how to tell me what. Straight away, I just said "Are you late?", which she was. We'd used a condom and it hadn't split, so I just told her not to worry about it, and she came on the next day...

Strange how the human mind/body works.
  • Options
    hummmm i would say dont worry about it but umm 10 weeks is quite along time!

do you have or have had an eating dissorder? its the only thing at the moment that i can think of that would effect them that bad.
    or as said above stress

but if they dont come back within a week or 2 i would advise u to go to the doctor.
    after all if something is wrong you dont wanna leave it to late
  • Options
    They are affected by things like eating and stress and hormones, but sometimes periods have a mind of their own.

A couple of years ago mine stopped for 3 months for no apparent reason. I was eating fine, perfectly happy, not pregnant, not ill. I went to the doctors, but they couldn't find out why, and then they started back up of their own accord and carried on as right as rain.

I think it might be a good idea to check with the doctor, but don't worry too much, cause it's quite likely to be absolutely nowt :)