Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

taking a pregnancy test.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i posted a topic a few days ago about my periods being messed up... and that i had unprotected sex with my bf

so i wanna take a pregnancy test just to be 100% sure
alot of the tests say like take bla bla days before u are due your period (or among those lines) but my periods are so messed up i dont know when im next due, should i just go with the guess of what day i am due my period or just wait.... :confused:

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    when you say messed up, do you mean by a few days or you can go without a period for months?
  • Options
    well becuase i have came off the pill, my periods have been messed up like, i had 2 periods in one month and one that lasted like half hour lol

so i dont know when my next one would be
  • Options
    I would say take a test now - afterall you have got nothing to loose.

Just don't feel complete relief/upset if it says negative - let your mind rest a little and then take another in say another 2 weeks or so.

Otherwise you could always make an appointment with your GP and they could give you a rough guide as to what might be happening; and a urine test can be used for detecting pregnancy.

Best of Luck x x x
  • Options
    as ashlee said, the best thing to do is to do one now, and then another two weeks later if youre unsure of your dates.
    You dont have to buy an expensive one, as even the £1 ones from savers/poundland/wilkinsons are just as sensitive as the expensive ones these days.
  • Options
    brought a test today but i started my period AGAIN!
    im remembering the date to day though so i can work out when im next due etc.... if my periods ever go back to normal!

o well least i have one just incase for future :O
  • Options
    I took one, cos I was mega paranoid about mishappenings during intercourse...it came up negative, and I popped on my period the next day. Typical really!!