Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sickness bug (bit gross)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically im wondering if anyone knows how long you should be throwing up for/have a stomach bug before you need to go to the doctors etc. I started being sick at 2am sunday morning and carried on throwing up every 20 minutes/half an hour til 11am sunday. Luckily since then its gone down to about once an hour but im seriously exhausted. i have a phobia of being sick in the first place so everytime i do it it makes me sob its that traumatic for me. it might sound soft but im really struggling here.

the worst thing about it is that im SO thirsty but i cant even have a drink of water because I cant keep it down, not even a tiny sip.

should i just wait it out a bit longer? :(

Comments

• Options
    i dont know hun, but you poor thing. That sounds horrendous :(
  • Options
    If you're feeling so bad it might be best if you see your GP asap.
  • Options
    If I were you - depending on tonight - if it didn't get any better tonight then I would be making a doctors appointment tomorrow - even if it is just for a bit of a winge and begging for something, anything. Worth a try.
  • Options
    If it's no better in the morning it wouldn't be unreasonable to go and see your GP, especially if you can't even keep water down.

If GP seems excessive, the pharmacist is worth a shot. There are some good anti sickness things you can get over the counter,
  • Options
    I had the same thing when I had a chest infection (I saw you two days after in fact! :p). It's awful, but the thing i did was to drink things other than water - juice, milk, fresh juice, anything - if it makes you sick, then you're hardly any worse off than you were the hour before. See your GP though, you might need antibiotics like I did. x
  • Options
    how are you feeling today?
  • Options
    :( get well soon, if you are concerned then i would go see your dr
  • Options
    aw thanks loves. i finally stopped being sick at like 1pm today. now i just feel like iv been run over with a truck or something ha. no energy whatsoever. as long as the sick thing has gone though im not bothered. duffy you were right about orange juice?! i couldnt keep water down but i had a teeny bit of orange juice and i was fine. how weird, i thought water would be the best thing for it.

now i just wanna get totally better, i hate being ill booo.
  • Options
    OJ (and Cola) are both good because they're acidic, like your stomach so are sometimes less irritating to it.
  • Options
    Flat cola is good if you feel naseous (just the full fat proper stuff though) suck ice cubes to get water into you and once the throwing up had stopped, pro-biotic drinks/ live yoghurts are really good to balance out the bacteria in your stomach/intestines again.
    You need to sip water very slowly when you have a stomach upset, if you gulp it at all it wont stay down.

I had nowark really badly a few years ago, didnt eat/drink for two days and then lived off yoghurt for another two.