Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bake Sale

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having a children in need bake sale this week and i'm pretty stuck for ideas

Anyone got any suggestions or maybe even a few recipes

Anything with nuts is most definately out as well as it'll be against health and safety or something stupid like that

Anyway all help appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Is peanut butter out? If not you can make puppy chow :yum: And fun to make too.

You take some kind of cereal like http://blog.sethgodin.silkware.com/FindAttachment/2704/1112990570985/Crispix.gif Melt a bag (12oz) of semi sweet choclate chips, 113g butter and 266g peanut butter. Pour it over the cereal in a large bowl and mix well. Then put it in baggies and pour powdered sugar in and shake until well coated.

Or 7 layer bars (which only have 6 ingrediants...)
    In 9x12 baking pan layer in this order, 113g melted butter, 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers (I give up on the conversion for this one) 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, and 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk. Bake at 176C degrees for 20-25 minutes.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Rice crispy cakes!
  • Options
    Cheat and buy some fairy cakes and then ice them yourself! Or make them, they are quite simple.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Rice crispy cakes!

Krispy Cakes with Galaxy are well nice :yum:
  • Options
    My Granny used to make these things, basically peanut butter type stuff (wasn't actually peanut butter I don't think) with mini marshmallows in them :yum:

It's worth risking the health of a couple of sacraficial lambs with nut allergies, they're absolutely MINT.
  • Options
    Black forest gateau
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    My Granny used to make these things, basically peanut butter type stuff (wasn't actually peanut butter I don't think) with mini marshmallows in them :yum:

It's worth risking the health of a couple of sacraficial lambs with nut allergies, they're absolutely MINT.

hehe maybe i'll make those just for the 6th form, as none of us are stupid enough to eat something that we're gonna have an allergic reaction too
  • Options
    russian fudge or chocolate fudge, yum! and from what i remember it always sells well