Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Boyfriend vs Holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this is pathetic but I need opinions...

I'm deferring a year at uni for various reasons, but I've decided to make the most of this time off, and I'd really like to travel a bit. Now a friend has offered me a place on a 2 week trip to Mexico next month, but the boyfriend isn't happy about me going. I'm spending Christmas at his place and I'd be back by then so we wouldn't be missing out on that, but I just don't want him to be in a strop. I've tried explaining to him that I really want to go, and the whole time off/travelling thing but he's still not happy. I think one of my main problems is that I put other people before me so much that I miss out on things.

Would I be unreasonable if I went? Or is it him?

Comments

• Options
    I think he's being unreasonable, it's only 2 weeks - it flies by. You can stay in touch, it's not like it's 2 months!
  • Options
    If I went on holiday for two weeks, I wouldn't miss out on seeing Rich at all, since that's how often I see him.

He's definitely being unreasonable.
  • Options
    Ok thanks :)

I've been with him 4 months. I guess like I said I always put other peoples feelings before mine. I can't believe I'm even considering not going because a fella doesn't like it, I feel like a right loser.
  • Options
    youd seriously consider missing out on a fab holiday to mexico for some overly jealous guy youve only been seeing for 4 months?

I think youll regret it if you dont go. Just reassure him youre not going on an 18-30 holiday to shag the locals.
    What exactly is his problem with it?
  • Options
    He's being...without trying to sound like everyone else...unreasonable.

He can survive 2 weeks without you (it's nothing if you think about it), and surely you'd be wanting to make the most of your time if you're deferring - can't he understand that? Ask him how he'd feel if it were the other way around - would he not go somewhere like Mexico just because you didn't want him to?

Like SuzyCreamcheese said about, I think you'll regret it if you don't go.
  • Options
    2 weeks is not a huge length of time to be apart, its something you want to do and to be honest, I cant understand why he wouldnt want you to go unless he is entirely selfish.
  • Options
    it sounds like he is being unreasonable here. It's only 2 weeks.

has he explained to you why he won't let you go?
  • Options
    OMG, go! personally if i was in your position id seriously re-consider a relationship with someone so possesive, unstable and inconsiderate!!!
    you may NEVER get to go to mexico again!!!!
  • Options
    hes being unreasonable, i gotta put up with my boyfriend being on a desert island in indonesia somewhere for a month with no contact
  • Options
    I think he's being unreasonable too.
  • Options
    Fuck Men - go on your holiday and have a fabbbb time!
  • Options
    Tell him to fuck off.
  • Options
    I don't think he's being unreasonable...

:p
  • Options
    You should definatly go and have fun! i agree with lost+confused and i would be reconsidering the relationship aswell
  • Options
    You should definatly go and have fun! i agree with lost+confused and i would be reconsidering the relationship aswell

Same goes mate, what a wicked opportunity-if hes not happy for you, theres something amiss w him I reckon...:chin: