Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Accessories on a Man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies what Accessories on a Man do you notice most or think look best?

Accessories being things like watches, necklace, bracelets, phone, etc

What should a guy have or not have to impress you style wise?

Comments

• Options
    DG wrote: »
    Ladies what Accessories on a Man do you notice most or think look best?

Accessories being things like watches, necklace, bracelets, phone, etc

What should a guy have or not have to impress you style wise?

I'm not interested in that sort of thing.
    Jewellery on a man is generally iffy..especially earrings!

Although if they are going to wear a watch, I would rather it wasn't a plastic digital one!
  • Options
    I agree in general...although it depends on the guy and his personal style I think. On a surfer type I quite like bead/wooden necklaces and wristbands etc and on a rocker/muso I like certain types of piercings and wristbands/cuffs or whatever. My boyfriend wears quite a bit of jewellery - 3 plugs (in stretched piercings), 1 BCR in a helix piercing, a leather thong type necklace thing, festival wristbands and a couple of other bead wristband-y things. It looks good on him though cos that's his style and his style is what I happen to find attractive. I'm not a fan of gold/silver chains, signet/sovereign rings, diamond stud earrings etc...but that's just me.
  • Options
    A man with earrings is a bit like a woman with stubble. Unless it's that body piercing type, which isn't as bad. Diamonds in any form on a man are several varieties of wrong.

Rings are ok as long as they're simple band style ones. Sovvy rings = :sour: Ditto necklaces and bracelets. Simple chains or small beads or thong style things are fine. Lizzy Duke gold or bling is awful, as is anything oversized. Watches are generally fine whatever they are, unless they have diamonds on and spin.

Is a phone counted as an accessory? Can't say I've ever really had an opinion either way about a man's phone, as long as it isn't round his neck on a string or hooked on to his waistband.
  • Options
    All in honesty, jewellery's just plain strange on a guy, I think it's something that's either feminine or tacky. Though an earring stud is fine in some guys, body piersing isn't - there was a guy i knew a few months ago and he had his nipple pierced. Big :no:

But if the guy's gay then no problem :p

And as for watches - nothing too fancy and sparkly (as in diamonds)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    A man with earrings is a bit like a woman with stubble. Unless it's that body piercing type, which isn't as bad. Diamonds in any form on a man are several varieties of wrong.

Rings are ok as long as they're simple band style ones. Sovvy rings = :sour: Ditto necklaces and bracelets. Simple chains or small beads or thong style things are fine. Lizzy Duke gold or bling is awful, as is anything oversized. Watches are generally fine whatever they are, unless they have diamonds on and spin.

Is a phone counted as an accessory? Can't say I've ever really had an opinion either way about a man's phone, as long as it isn't round his neck on a string or hooked on to his waistband.
    :yes:.
  • Options
    my mum told me not to trust blokes who wear bracelets :thumb:
  • Options
    I notice if a man has a really nice watch - I especially like Diesel ones.

I hate chains/bracelets.. and I epecially hate those wooden bead necklaces - eww! They're like a choker.

Sometimes a plain silver ring can look nice but it depends whether it suits him or not.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I notice if a man has a really nice watch - I especially like Diesel ones.

I have a thing about designer watches. Can't stand them. I like my watch from a watch maker, my sunglasses from a sunglasses maker, etc. It might be completely unfounded, but it seems to me that like anything else, if you go for a designer name, that's all you're paying for, not actually a better product. Or ironically, better design even.

I think the general rule is that men's accessories should be functional, like watches, sunglasses, hats, belts etc. Hell even cufflinks would be stupid if they didn't actually hold the cuffs together. And equally, they should be worn as if they're functional. No sunglasses indoors. But occasionally someone will look good with something else too. Not often though, and usually something pretty discrete.
  • Options
    I have a thing about designer watches. Can't stand them. I like my watch from a watch maker, my sunglasses from a sunglasses maker, etc. It might be completely unfounded, but it seems to me that like anything else, if you go for a designer name, that's all you're paying for, not actually a better product. Or ironically, better design even.

No it's not the name I like it for, it's the style of Diesel watches I like. They have really urban designs, cool leather straps, nice colours and nice faces too. They look different.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    No it's not the name I like it for, it's the style of Diesel watches I like. They have really urban designs, cool leather straps, nice colours and nice faces too. They look different.

Oh no, I wasn't saying that you like it for the name. I'm saying the reason why it costs £100 rather than £40 is because of the name, whereas the reason a watch from a watchmaker costs £100 rather than £40 is because it's actually better and will last longer. Same with suits. I could get a properly tailored suit for the same price as a designer suit. Same with sunglasses. I could get a pair with polorized lenses from Rayban for the same price as Gucci ones with crappy plastic lenses that do bugger all. That's what I was on about.
  • Options
    Well my fella wheres a lot of jewellry, he wears a necklace, braclet and 2 rings..........oh and 3 earring but he pulls it off well, i think its because its all silver because i think that gold looks a little bit tacky

But then again, he does wear stuff like this hahahahahaha

Attachment not found.
  • Options
    I wear this watch
    41Cv965y6ML._AA280_.jpg

And this bracelet
    B0087a.jpg

Thats all though. Not a fan of lots of jewelry.
  • Options
    I've got the one on the left:

_t34748131_t34718162.jpg

Except not titanium, and with roman numbers instead of just marks. Otherwise it's identical though.
  • Options
    Oh no, I wasn't saying that you like it for the name. I'm saying the reason why it costs £100 rather than £40 is because of the name, whereas the reason a watch from a watchmaker costs £100 rather than £40 is because it's actually better and will last longer. Same with suits. I could get a properly tailored suit for the same price as a designer suit. Same with sunglasses. I could get a pair with polorized lenses from Rayban for the same price as Gucci ones with crappy plastic lenses that do bugger all. That's what I was on about.

timex, swatch and fossil make most of those types of watches
  • Options
    They own them. Doesn't mean they make them. But it wouldn't surprise me if they actually do make the designer ones and put a different logo on them.
  • Options
    Heres mine.

T36_1_386_35.gif
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    timex, swatch and fossil make most of those types of watches

Like this one I have :)

41N-JTAwBYL._AA280_.jpg
  • Options
    Drool....................

946_marty_cuff_full.jpg
  • Options
    My boyfriend wears a leather thong with a silver symbol in the same style as his tattoo, which I really like, and then a ring that his dad used to wear before he died. It is gold, it does have a flat top, but I absolutely love that he wears it because it has so much sentimental value. I tend to like guys that wear some simple jewellery/accessories; I think loads makes them look very young/pretentious, but if a guy can wear jewellery and carry it off I think it says a lot about his sense of self and how comfortable he is in his style.

I do like pierced men, but only to a certain extent. Lip, eyebrow, small earstretch (maybe a 10 gauge), nipple, nose, all good. But all together with surfaces and a million rings in ears etc.; what are you trying to prove?!
  • Options
    I WEAR FAR TOO MANY ACCESSORIES!

5charlimiiiiiit
  • Options
    heres my watch the ladies love it

candy_watch.jpg
  • Options
    My boyfriend wears a leather thong with a silver symbol in the same style as his tattoo, which I really like, and then a ring that his dad used to wear before he died. It is gold, it does have a flat top, but I absolutely love that he wears it because it has so much sentimental value. I tend to like guys that wear some simple jewellery/accessories; I think loads makes them look very young/pretentious, but if a guy can wear jewellery and carry it off I think it says a lot about his sense of self and how comfortable he is in his style.

I do like pierced men, but only to a certain extent. Lip, eyebrow, small earstretch (maybe a 10 gauge), nipple, nose, all good. But all together with surfaces and a million rings in ears etc.; what are you trying to prove?!

Please tell me theres more definitions of thong than a leather banana hammock! :p
  • Options
    A thong is just a leather cord which you generally have a pendant or something hanging off of.