Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Christian gifts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friends 18th is coming up and she's a christian so I'd like to get her to do with her religion (jewelry). Trouble is i'm having a hard time finding anything quite cheap! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    perhaps just buy her a cross necklace?

Dont go all out, I doubt she would want to wear a t shirt saying, I am a Christian or owt too blatant at 18.
  • Options
    I've been looking as crosses, but they're still quite pricey. Cheap ones tend to be quite nasty.
  • Options
    Worth a look at the Argos selection, bit of a pain to find, but under jewellry, then 'Neckwear' on their website.

They've got some really nice ones, including some lovely ones under £15. I buy ones from there for myself as they are really nice, but because I've bought them myself and not that expensive it's not the end of the world if they come off/get lost/broken.

A tip if you're looking at crosses though is not all types of Christains like crucifixes (the ones with the body on), so unless she's already got one like that, or you know she's Roman Catholic best stick to a plain one, or one with decoration.

Wesley Owen Bookshops often have gifty type stuff too, might be worth looking to see if there's one near you.
  • Options
    I found one on amazon. It was a cross which was made of pink stones, just under £8 and free delivery :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I found one on amazon. It was a cross which was made of pink stones, just under £8 and free delivery :)

that sounds nice, girlie but subtle!
  • Options
    how about a fish and a loaf of bread
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options

That seriously made me laugh!

Perhaps it is the box of wine, but I have visions of a lass at her 18th party accepting bread and fish!
  • Options
    well she wouldnt need any other buffet would she.
    Apparently it goes quite far
  • Options
    well she wouldnt need any other buffet would she.
    Apparently it goes quite far

You are on the ball my dear, on the ball! :lol: