Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emergency Contraception

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this has probs been bought up twenty billion times but i need my story asnwered lol.....and i probs no wat yu are all going to say but i shall ask anyway...

Well slept with my very first guy last night...wasnt great but yeh heard it gets better!! anyway...i swear he took the condom off half way through....didnt notice at time but looking back i think he did because he didnt have it on wen we finished....hes adament he didnt take it off....he also didnt cum...now shld i go get emergency contracpetion...only thing is going on a fieldtrip tomorrow so if i dont get it tonight i cant get it...and to get one i have to walk like 2 miles in the dark!! Will i be ok without it?

xx

Comments

• Options
    If he didn't come inside you then your risk of pregnancy is lower, but it is still there. It's not a small risk, either.

Whilst the morning-after pill is effective for 72 hours, it drops from being about 90% effective if taken within the first 12 hours to being about 50% effective after 72.

Go and get the damn pill. Have you checked to make sure that the condom isn't lost inside you?
  • Options
    If you miss the 72 hour window with the morning after pill, the coil had a 5 day window I believe, although it's a coil so you might want to bypass that option and make haste to go get the morning after pill.

Then make some proper choices about long term protection now that you are sexually active. :)
  • Options
    Yes, you should definitely go and get it.

Walk In Centre, A&E, some pharmacies.
  • Options
    No its definately not still inside me...youd have to be a bit dim for that to happen surely?! Was on the bed next to me wen we finished...

Everywhere is shut now apart from A and E but am to far away from it to walk!! Does Boots chemist do it?? Could pop in there tomorrow morning but i have to leave for Wales at 11! I trust my bf in that if he said that he didnt take it off but still got that doubt!
  • Options
    Boots will probably do it, worth ringing them up at ask first.

You have to be over 16 and you have to pay. If you ring your GPs practise first thing you may well be able to get an appointment before 11. You'll probably have to explain to the receptionist what yuo're after.
  • Options
    Screw this is such a wierd situation that i never thought i would be in!! Im at uni so ahvent yet registered with a doctor! I no its silly...dont shoot me!

O well will just have to see wat happens....
  • Options
    Uni health centre will sort you out regardless.
  • Options
    go get the pill hunny. I'm thinking its too late now to reply but i'm hoping you've already done it. it really isnt something you want to leave to chance. whether your bf took it off or not (altho it is odd that it just fell off and noone realised - your bf def should have as it feels very diff without - much better:naughty: but with it being your first time then i dont blame you for not knowing) there is still a chance you could get pregnant.
    hope things work out for you
    xxx