Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quick Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen a stocking, of the christmas variety, on ebay that I want to get for someone. It's in the USA though. Any idea what sort of postage costs I should expect for that? If it's an awful lot I can probably track down the materials and make one myself for less. :chin:

Comments

• Options
    message them and ask
  • Options
    I'd say its probably not worth it. I've shipped small, 1lb packages for more than whats in the package. If you go http://ircalc.usps.gov/ you can check out shipping rates to your desired country. For example a 3 pound box to ship to the UK is $23 (12pounds-ish) at its cheapest. Plus, the company probably adds crazy handeling charges to it too.

But not to discourage of course ;)
  • Options
    I'm waiting for a reply from them, but it ends in 16 hours.

Cheers for that link, I guestimated 5lbs, (not that I have a clue really) but ended up with $35 as the cheapest rate, so er, we'll see.
  • Options
    I just bought a wedding guest book from an american seller and the P&P is only $12 and I won the album for only $8. To buy this item from a UK seller is normally £24.99. Bargain!

I've been getting loads of stuff from US sellers lately, but only ones with reasonable P&P.
  • Options
    cheaper if you go surface mail, but then I guess it might not get here in time ;)