Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changing Mobile Number

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK so the situation is - I'm being harrassed by a guy from work, and he is actually starting to scare me (to a point where my family and friends are frightened for me to a point that I'm not to be left alone at any time!)

We're trying to deal with this through work, and I'm keeping a log of all texts and calls but if it keeps persisting I'm going to have to change my mobile number.

The thing is, I'm on contract, and have about 15 months left on it. I have nothing to complain about, my contracts perfect for me and obviously it'll cost a small fortune to buy it out, but is there a way of changing my number still? I can afford a small cost as such, but not the hundreds it would be to cancel a contract for no reason.

No idea if anyone will understand what I'm on about but oh well!

Comments

• Options
    erm phone and ask?? Hope it all gets sorted!!
  • Options
    Can't REALLY expect Vodafone to be open this time of night :) Which is why I thought I'd ask here before dragging myself down to the shop/wasting time calling them incase anyone knew how likely it was heehee. Cheers though.
  • Options
    If you're on o2 then you can do it free of charge first time, if you've had a number change before then it's £35. It can be changed within 48 hours, no need for a new SIM or anything.

Or you can report it to the police, who will then contact o2's crime liason department and look into getting the number blocked. This isn't guaranteed though, and I know people aren't always willing to take it to the police. But if you contact o2 then they can fill out a form to pass to the liason department.

If you're not on o2 then I'd imagine Orange or whoever would offer something similar.

Hope you get it sorted in any case :)
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    If you're on o2 then you can do it free of charge first time, if you've had a number change before then it's £35. It can be changed within 48 hours, no need for a new SIM or anything.

Or you can report it to the police, who will then contact o2's crime liason department and look into getting the number blocked. This isn't guaranteed though, and I know people aren't always willing to take it to the police. But if you contact o2 then they can fill out a form to pass to the liason department.

If you're not on o2 then I'd imagine Orange or whoever would offer something similar.

Hope you get it sorted in any case :)

Your a star, I'm not on o2 anymore but just knowing that its possible is a BIG relief. I don't want to take it to the police yet, it's crazy enough having it all going on at work. But thankyou so much, I'll go ask about costs etc tomorrow :heart: