Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

more help for the armed service personnel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i think they should get more help, especially as they sign the risk of their life in return for good treatment at home

even just the basics like decent barracks back home, and equipment and good medical care

Comments

• Options
    i think they should get more help, especially as they sign the risk of their life in return for good treatment at home

even just the basics like decent barracks back home, and equipment and good medical care

theres lots to do that could help, better barracks, a real militry hospital, better pay, help with traveling costs to go see family when being moved away,
  • Options
    They take the risk knowing full well what the conditions are. I think the condition of military barracks is shocking, but I don't go in for the whole "hero" thing.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    They take the risk knowing full well what the conditions are. I think the condition of military barracks is shocking, but I don't go in for the whole "hero" thing.

nah but surely its reasonable that in exchange for risking your life you have your family looked after when you're away and if you die - and if your crippled/seriously injured you get good healthcare from people used to dealing with these srts of injuries

i dont buy into the hero bullshit either i would just expect the government to live up to their side of the military covenant