Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Godfather party

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm throwing a Godfather theme party for my sisters birthday and because she wanted to keep it quiet and inside, we're basically watching the trilogy (well maybe not 3) and I want to do some Godfather theme food. Only thing I thought of was to do Sicilian cannoli's (as in "Leave the gun. Take the Cannoli), but don't really have any other ideas other than some pasta.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    different kinds of pasta: I mean there's lasagna, there's spaghetti, there's linguini, loads of stuff! And plenty of that soft and fluffy italian bread.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: I don't know how to say it in english but here's in spanish : Vinagreta.

You know that in italian restaurants once they give you the bread they give you(apart from the butter) a small bottle of olive oil to baste the bread in? well this is much much better.

Olive oil
    vinegar
    1/2 lemon
    teaspoon sugar
    teaspoon salt
    garlic powder and oregano(an itty bit of both)

this is my homemade recipe, not sure if it already exists, but there are loads more.

Grab a cup. Fill 3/4 half with olive oil, 1/4 with vinegar. add the rest, stir.

you're done! Hope it worked :thumb:
  • Options
    Some really awesome Sicilian snacks are Arancini (rice balls in breadcrumbs with a variety of fillings - delicious beyond words) and Panelle (little savoury fritters made with chickpea flour).

Sicilians use a lot of chili and spices in their food, a lot of it has a moroccan feel to it, so don't be afraid to use things like cous cous.

As an aside, in the Godfather, before some important deaths, usually there's a scene with someone eating an orange, or oranges on the table. Maybe some bitter orange ice cream wouldn't go amiss.

Try to get hold of some Italian pastries, and you're good to go.
  • Options
    you could make bruschetta. it's just slices of a baguette drizzled with olive oil and some garlic then tomato and basil over the top..that would be good to nibble while watching a film