Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Love--Falling In and Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you believe in LOVE at first sight? Do you believe you can fall out of love?

I, personally, don't believe in first love. Just lust, but people have said it happens. I think that lust just turns into love eventually. Anyone think differently?

Also, i don't believe you can fall out of love if you have ever truly loved someone one. I just think that love changes and moves to a different part of you. So it may not be in the same capacity it was before.

Hate..I believe you can only truly hate someone that you love, or that has affected someone you love. I truly believe there is a THIN line between love and hate.

What do you lovebirds think?

Comments

• Options
    I don't beleive in love at first sight, I really don't. I also don't believe in Soulmates, I actually think it's the most rediculous thing to believe in. I think that when you are with someone at first you can feel so in love but that also your body sends out hormones which make you feel like that, it's a biological animal thing which is designed to make you couple up.

yes you can fall out of love, you can also get bored and mistake boredom for falling out of love. This is probably when you are most vunerable to cheating etc.
  • Options
    byny wrote: »
    I don't beleive in love at first sight, I really don't. I also don't believe in Soulmates, I actually think it's the most rediculous thing to believe in. I think that when you are with someone at first you can feel so in love but that also your body sends out hormones which make you feel like that, it's a biological animal thing which is designed to make you couple up.

yes you can fall out of love, you can also get bored and mistake boredom for falling out of love. This is probably when you are most vunerable to cheating etc.

but if you can fall out of love just because you are bored, then are you really in love? or is that just that biological animal thing right there?
  • Options
    I don't beleive in love at first sight, I know a lot of people these days meet someone one day then when they get married to them later they say "I knew straight away that this was the man I'd marry" but I don't know.

I do sometimes think you can meet someone and straight away you get a wee flutter and walk away thinking "Wowee!", that's quite cool when it happens. Not that it happens all the time, sometimes people only maybe get it a few times in their life.

Soulmates, I'm not sure about. I was with an ex not so long ago and I remember the moment I thought she was my soulmate, I felt I was pretty sure about it aswell. Couldn't have been more wrong, maybe it's something that you should think about when you've been with the same person for years and years rather than months.
  • Options
    Yeah, when everything is happy and new everyone thinks they are soulmates and in love...but sometimes people just need to appreciate a relationship for what it is--it makes you feel good but it's nothing more. but in the first year and the beginning months of course it feels like love quickly. I just think people are just so overwhelmed by such good and positive feelings.
  • Options
    i dont believe in love at first sight, i think you need to get to know someones personality before you really fall in love otherwise its just lust. i also dont believe that first intense sort of love lasts forever i think after a while it fades abit but that doesnt mean that youve fallen out of love just that youve grown into a new bit of the relationship
  • Options
    Do you believe in LOVE at first sight? Do you believe you can fall out of love?

I, personally, don't believe in first love. Just lust, but people have said it happens. I think that lust just turns into love eventually. Anyone think differently?

Also, i don't believe you can fall out of love if you have ever truly loved someone one. I just think that love changes and moves to a different part of you. So it may not be in the same capacity it was before.

Hate..I believe you can only truly hate someone that you love, or that has affected someone you love. I truly believe there is a THIN line between love and hate.

What do you lovebirds think?

I agree about what you said about falling out of love. I think if you truly loved someone those feelings may fade but you will always have a soft spot for them

I don't know if I believe in 'Love at first sight' because that's never happened to me. There's been mutal attraction at first sight. I do think you can connect with someone straight away when you first meet them which can grow to love.

I think I've been in actual love once and even though I have definately moved on I will always have a thing for him and will always care about him. The rest of the times I recongize it's just lust/ attraction/ stupidity/ caught in the moment etc.
  • Options
    but if you can fall out of love just because you are bored, then are you really in love? or is that just that biological animal thing right there?

well, that's what I was saying I think. Boredom makes you do things you probably shouldn't just to get a thrill, Then it may make you realise what you might be risking I guess.
  • Options
    I think love is all relative. It depends on the person. Think of happiness as an example - another emotion. If you're miserable your whole life, an 'ok' day might make you feel good and happy. Whereas that would have been a dull day for someone else.

Equally, if you've never had strong feelings for someone before, it can feel intense at first and it might come on quickly. I think it's very, not sure the word - presumptious (maybe), to class other people's feelings as 'love' or 'not love'. That because of how YOU feel, other's must feel the same.

I don't know if I could fall in love at first sight, but I've been with my girlfriend for so long I've not really had love feelings for anyone else. And your feelings can go as easily as they came - but it may well leave a fondness for the memories because people tend to remember the happy things and not so much the bad.

Although we're all human so share a lot of the same feelings, we're all unique and different and have different experiences of love and what it means / feels like to us.
  • Options
    It entirely depends on what you mean by 'love' which is a word with so many interpretations.

Yes I do think you can meet someone and 'click' but whether that really means you fall instantly in love or not is up for debate - if someone told me this had happened I wouldnt argue with them, its personal.

As for falling out of love - it can happen and it can happen if you are 'truely in love' whatever that really means.
  • Options
    No I don't believe in love at first sight, I also think that romantic love is overdone.

I've "fallen for" people, but never been "in love". People walk in and out of your life and leave blessings. Some you end up in relationships with, monogomous, poly, open, friends, teachers, family ect ect

I think that "love" has a shelf life (as in with your partners) too. People change, they outgrown each other.

It's just normal.