Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

health worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gaaahhhh....

I changed to a new pill earlier this year - the mini pill rather than the combined - and although my periods have continued to be regular I have had the odd month or two where I have had more than one period. So I finish one, am ok for a week or so, then get another. I mentioned this to my doctor and they said it was fine, then they said maybe I wasn't fully protected, now they say not to worry.

Made the mistake of going onto NHS direct and now I think I have everything from an ectopic pregnancy to Chlamydia!

I am going to call the GUM clinic but what exactly do they do when they test you for Chlamydia?

Comments

• Options
    stick a cotton bud up you, thats what they did to me
  • Options
    It's either a urine sample of a swab.

Where I live we can send away for a testing kit, pee in a bottle send it to them and they text you the results. Think its a really good idea personally. Might be worth seeing if they do that where you live if youre not comfortable.
  • Options
    Hiya
    Sorry to hear about your worries. It's good your facing it head on and getting tested though. Remember there are loads of reasons for irregular periods - you might find it's nothing to do with an STI, but it's worth knowing for sure and clearing your mind.

We've got a useful factsheet on TheSite about visiting a GUM clinic - it answers most of your common concerns so should put your mind at rest a bit.

This factsheet on chlamydia might be useful too.

Good luck!