Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anemia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone in here suffer from it
The doctors think that i may have it
i just wanted know if anyone suffered from it and to see how it was treated

Comments

• Options
    I have a tendancy to be slightly anaemic so they say.

In my case it's managed by being on the pill and making sure I get enough Iron in my diet (certain breakfast cereals, red meat, leafy veg). I often notice if it's slipping because I get tired easily.
  • Options
    My mum suffers from it and it can cause her to become really lethargic (sp?!). Sometimes the doctor will prescribe Iron tablets if it gets quite bad but most of the time she is fine with it. She eats alot of red meat, and leafy vegetables that contain Iron.
  • Options
    I was anaemic through my A2 levels - I took iron tablets, which really helped. I noticed a general tendency to get tired without doing much at all, and looked really pale.
  • Options
    Yes, because of the Combivir i take, but can't take iron tablets because my liver is under too much work with all the medication i'm on :(
  • Options
    We found out my mum was severely anaemic when she went in for an op a few weeks ago and her haemoglobin count thing was only at five - before that she had been carrying on absolutely normally, not complaining of feeling tired or anything! In extreme cases like that they give a blood transfusion, and then yeah you can just take iron tables and try and incorporate more iron into your diet.
  • Options
    My sister had anemia but after bettering her diet and some medication she is now leading a healthy and happy life. Try eating a lot of iron rich foods like dates, figs etc. Also additional supplements like Jobelyn will help as it is herbal and is a rich source of iron.
  • Options
    This is a really old thread, I haven't seen the OP around for ages so not sure you'll get much of a reply. You could start a new thread on anaemia if you want.
This discussion has been closed.