Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling suicidal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im feeling suicidal.. I want to die but at the same time i dont.. I have already tried to kill myself a few times but unfortanutly failed. Dont know why im here.. i guess i do want help but dont know where to go or what to do.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Any reason your feeling this way?

Might be worth talking on here about why your feeling this way. There is always an underlying issue, you have got to learn to tackle this first.
  • Options
    Seansmit17 wrote: »
    Im feeling suicidal.. I want to die but at the same time i dont.. I have already tried to kill myself a few times but unfortanutly failed. Dont know why im here.. i guess i do want help but dont know where to go or what to do.

I know how you feel , a few times this week i've wanted to drive so wrecklessly that i wrap my car around a tree. but seriously, it'll get better.

I know when you're in such a mind set that nothing anyone can say will be of any comfort, but just don't do it :) ok?
  • Options
    but unfortanutly failed.

because you still want to live...?
    suicide is always a permanent solution to a temporary problem. is there a reason why you feel the way you do?
    if you want some help you could always try phoning the samaritans on 08457909090 and talk to them. but the only real way out of how you are feeling is to help yourself, nobody can take your feelings away or change whatever is making you feel the way you do besides yourself.
  • Options
    Hey

sorry your feeling this way. its really good that you've 'reached out' as it were. whats been going on recently? Does anyone around you know how you feel? Have you got anyone close that you could confide in about this stuff?

I strongly believe that being suicidal isn't a feeling in its own right, if you know what i mean. Its not 'real' in a sense (but obviously it feels really real) but it's only as a result of feeling shit about other stuff/yourself whatever. So if you get the right help and support to do with the other stuff then you wont wana die anymore. Have u considered going to you GP about it? And things do get better, thankfully nothing stays the same for long.

Don't kill yourself and don't try, its not what you want and there are other options (and it completely sucks for the people that care about u). PM me if u wana talk. hope ur k

Katie x
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Do something with your life and stop feeling sorry for yourself/seeking attention. That's why I always used to "fail" because I never relly wanted to kill myself. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

iIthink your comment is harsh. if you haven't realised some people on this site have mental health difficulties and there are rules that you should respect others feelings. to be fair, you don't know what is going on with someone elses life to just say 'do something with your life'
    just think about what you say.
  • Options

its really good you are ready, or part of you is ready to try and express how you feel. feeling ready to talk is one step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Do something with your life and stop feeling sorry for yourself/seeking attention.

I cant think of anything WORSE you could say to someone who is struggling with suicidal thoughts.
  • Options
    iIthink your comment is harsh. if you haven't realised some people on this site have mental health difficulties and there are rules that you should respect others feelings. to be fair, you don't know what is going on with someone elses life to just say 'do something with your life'
    just think about what you say.

Sometimes being a bit harsh/brutally truthful can get through to people.
  • Options
    The OP hasn't come back for 5 days ... I fear the worst. :(
  • Options
    Seansmit17, hope you've gone quiet because you're feeling a bit better? If you are around, let us know how things are going. If you're still feeling bad there are plenty of people you can talk to and places you can get help.
    Take care.
  • Options

If anyone actualy knew me you'd probably take it with a pinch of salt.

But we don't actually know you do we? We're on a forum here not talking face to face.
    The very same thing was said to me the other day here on these very boards. I'm still here.

Great for you. Not much use to anyone else.
    And as it happens I have severe depression, schizophrenia intermittent explosive disorder and I often feel suicidal. Only a year ago I was commited to a psychiatric hospital for 2 months after nearly throwing myself of a building.

And right back at ya; i was admitted for two months for overdosing and am still suicidal.
  • Options
    The very same thing was said to me the other day here on these very boards. I'm still here.

If anyone actualy knew me you'd probably take it with a pinch of salt.

Try to remember that this is a new poster - it's their first post and they're obviously feeling a great deal of distress. They don't know you, they can't tell your tone from a few words on a screen and they certainly shouldn't have to take that kind of comment with a pinch of salt. If you're going through similar feelings you should know how important it is to have support. Spell out what you mean, rather than assuming that someone can read your mind and tell exactly what you meant to post.