Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best Electric Toothbrush?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My dentist has told me I need to get an electric toothbrush. I did have one (a cheap one) but never really got on with it so went back to a manual one.

What is everyone else's experience of electric toothbrushes? Would you recommend the one you've got?

I don't want to spend a fortune (under £40 if poss!) but I'd rather follow the dentist's advice than go through what I did this afternoon - my face has only just thawed out! :(

Comments

• Options
    I have a crest dual effect, It very hmmmmm effective lol and I've had it 2 years.
  • Options
    Braun Oral B round one - you should check all the supermarkets from time to time they have them for half price - waitrose did a few weeks back, sainsburys I've seen as well
  • Options
    Crest Dual Effect.

So named because it's not just good for teeth cleaning. Eh, ladies? :naughty:
  • Options
    there are oral b ones for about £25
  • Options
    Braun Oral B ones are very good.

The bottom ones of the range are good, you don't need the ridiculously expensive ones. Argos has one on offer at the moment:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4427751/Trail/searchtext%3EELECTRIC+TOOTHBRUSH.htm

Same as mine and my dentist/mum reckons it does a really good job. The heads are the ongoing expense with electric brushes so keep an eye out for them on offer. That one takes all the standard Oral B heads which are nice and easy to get hold of.