Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who would you like to see as the next president and Vice president of the USA?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd quite like to see Hilary as the next President and Obama as Vice President .. he's only about 47 so with the maximum 8 year term Hilary might serve he'd still be young for a potential president in 8 years time. She's about 61.

I think loads of people would want to see Bill back as well in some role.

I have no idea who the republications have standing... Although thelist is given below:

http://www.uselections.com/pres.htm

Comments

• Options
    Hilary Clinton and The Gay Cowboy John Edwards (I think thats his name)! It's a winning combination!
  • Options
    An out-of-the-closet atheist.
  • Options

Good luck with that.

Ideally, I'd like Dennis Kucinich as President and Chris Dodd as Vice, aint gonna happen though.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    How about Dennis Haysbert? :p
  • Options
    A cloned hybrid of Satan and Adolph Hitler would suit me fine if the only alternative was a Republican candidate.

But Hilary is probably the best (or least bad) choice. To be honest any Democrat moderate who is against the war and regonises there is such thing as man-made climate change would be welcomed.
  • Options
    i wish i could honestly say that i couldnt give a shite about what the americans are doing but the sad thing is that it does have an impact on our lives now :(

damn america.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I'd quite like to see Hilary as the next President

:yes:
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I'd quite like to see Hilary as the next President and Obama as Vice President

Seconded, :)
  • Options
    Chuck Norris?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Chuch Norris?

:lol:
  • Options
    Chuck Norris?

Oh yes ;). Shame he doesn't run for presidency. Wouldn't be a person in the world who dared to argue with him after all the episodes of walker texas ranger...

I guess I'd go for Obama or Clinton.
  • Options
    a third party candidate.
  • Options
    Clinton - not because I agree with her policies, but solely for the amusement of having Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton (followed by Jeb Bush and then Chelsea Clinton in the future)
  • Options
    Clinton - not because I agree with her policies, but solely for the amusement of having Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton (followed by Jeb Bush and then Chelsea Clinton in the future)
    Please not Jeb. Not Jeeeeeb! :eek:

One of Dubya's daughters as president should be a laugh though :D
  • Options
    Chuck Norris?

After reading an article he wrote, I can honestly say the bloke's a cunt. It'd be like George Bush the third.

It'll be Giuliani vs. Clinton I reckon, which is better than the last two elections. And on a positive note, the Christian fundies said they will withdraw their support for the Republicans if they elect Giuliani, because he's pro-choice. Not that it really matters who gets elected tbh, they'll still be up the arse of every major corporation in America.

Incidentally, does everyone not actually want Arnie? They need to change that law quickly.
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear about Arnie watching Boris Johnson fumble his speach at the Tory party conference and say, "Who is this guy, he is fumbling all over the place?"

Classic Arnie!
  • Options
    Arnie is actually a very clever chap - he's gone from nothing to one of the richest and most powerful people in the world.

I reckon that law will be changed to allow anyone who's been a US citizen for 20 years+ to stand.
  • Options
    Hilary Clinton and Vice President Vince McMahon.
  • Options
    I feel obliged to mention Ron Paul since his minions have eyes and ears in every nook and cranny of the internet, and they'll probably hack the forum out of spite if his name isn't mentioned in a discussion such as this one.
  • Options
    Runnymede wrote: »
    I feel obliged to mention Ron Paul since his minions have eyes and ears in every nook and cranny of the internet, and they'll probably hack the forum out of spite if his name isn't mentioned in a discussion such as this one.

Aw, it was all going so well for him as a proper libertarian, then I get to his views on abortion and immigration, and it turns into the usual conservative bullshit. Otherwise though, quite a decent candidate based on what I've read. Which means he doesn't have a shot.
  • Options
    Aw, it was all going so well for him as a proper libertarian, then I get to his views on abortion and immigration, and it turns into the usual conservative bullshit. Otherwise though, quite a decent candidate based on what I've read. Which means he doesn't have a shot.

He doesn't have a shot because your average American, with half a brain, can tell that his idea of foreign policy is stupid.
  • Options
    Zach Braff without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Options
    Runnymede wrote: »
    He doesn't have a shot because your average American, with half a brain, can tell that his idea of foreign policy is stupid.

I dunno, I think "Don't go tear-arsing around the world in a tank" is actually quite a good policy.
  • Options

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    I dunno, I think "Don't go tear-arsing around the world in a tank" is actually quite a good policy.

But that's not it is it? It's more like: 'Isolate yourself and don't get involved anywhere in the world'
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Agreed, except I'd change that to "agnostic".
  • Options
    Chuck Norris?

If you dared to out-manouver him at the negotiating table he'd simply roundhouse kick you to the face.

Did you know he brushes his teeth with lava?
  • Options
    Me? Sure I have absolutely no experience, but I cant be that bad at it.